HENDERSONVILLE vs. MARYVILLE 6A Championship

Newcastle

I just found out the buses are leaving Cedar Street at 2 pm tomorrow. Let's show up for them tomorrow and give them a big send off!!

I think the time is 1pm instead of 2. I'm supposed to be there by 12:30.  The mix-up is probably because of the time change on the trip

Edited by tnnitehawk

"Hendersonville fans and the team expect to beat Maryville and would consider it an upset if Maryville won?" LMAO, no they don't.

They are the only team that has ever made it into the 6A Finals against Maryville that was not undefeated. They have 3 losses this year. This isn't being disrespectful it is their win/loss record this year. Webb, Alcoa, West are all in the finals and it didn't fare well for any of them against The Rebels.

2009 White Station, 2010 Smyrna, 2011 Haven, 2012 Haven were all undefeated going into state and all lost except last year and that game went into OT and most people recognize the game was won in regulation. The Semi Final teams of Siegal last year, Blackman this year and previously unbeaten Quarter Final Oakland this year, at one point, had very valid reasons for making such a bold statement as they had earned it at that given point in the season.

Hendersonville may play a great ballgame, maybe they are better than all of the undefeated 6A opponents Maryville has ever played at State or the teams we defeated getting to State. Cool. It's state, its the Big Boy classification and it's supposed to be hard, competitive. They may play the best they've ever played but so did the teams mentioned above, none of which were 3 loss teams, moreover a 4 loss team if they loose at state. Earn it, then you can talk about it. Easier said than done.

I remember so well back in 2000 when we went to the State with four loses and I'm sure Memphis East had to think all they had to do was just show up and pick up the trophy. I'm also sure when they looked at our schedule and saw Heritage beat the crap out of us 28-0 and we just slid past Hixson in the first round 24-21 the same thing we're thinking about Hendersonville. I remember talking to one of the coaches that week at the Ford dealership and his very words were I hope we can hold it respectable because they had speed we have never seen before. Well friends it snowed just enough to make the field slicker than owl s*** that they couldn't cut or turn the corners on us. If ever a miracle on earth ever happened in my lifetime that would be one of them but we also came to play because they just showed up for the trophy. I'm sure G.Q. will have us ready but don't ever underestimate any team in the championship game because there is a reason they are there. 

I remember so well back in 2000 when we went to the State with four loses and I'm sure Memphis East had to think all they had to do was just show up and pick up the trophy. I'm also sure when they looked at our schedule and saw Heritage beat the crap out of us 28-0 and we just slid past Hixson in the first round 24-21 the same thing we're thinking about Hendersonville. I remember talking to one of the coaches that week at the Ford dealership and his very words were I hope we can hold it respectable because they had speed we have never seen before. Well friends it snowed just enough to make the field slicker than owl s*** that they couldn't cut or turn the corners on us. If ever a miracle on earth ever happened in my lifetime that would be one of them but we also came to play because they just showed up for the trophy. I'm sure G.Q. will have us ready but don't ever underestimate any team in the championship game because there is a reason they are there. 

I CONCUR....

H'ville doesn't have a back as good as Dodson; not many do. But hey have several that can hurt you. A very good fullback. I would say offensive line is better than what White Haven had last year.

BK that's is what I was asking did Dahaven pass on you or MHS last year?

No one is a stud like Dodson but HHS has a stable of backs that can equal those yards of dahaven

I just question if HHS can stop MHS ......now on kickoffs I know VS Indy coach Hat respected VW so darn much I think he tried inside kicks 4 times ......will he kick to Prevo ( not a VW ) but can cause damage

RAIN AND MORE RAIN.....

That is one of the reason's I wrote that about the snow that day. Strange  things happen because of the weather and even things out. I also know about a dozen people that have decided to stay at home that were going which hurts fan support. I'm not counting chickens like some people are plus I have heard a few things the past day or so that could even this out even more. I look for a tough football game Saturday.

BK that's is what I was asking did Dahaven pass on you or MHS last year?

No one is a stud like Dodson but HHS has a stable of backs that can equal those yards of dahaven

I just question if HHS can stop MHS ......now on kickoffs I know VS Indy coach Hat respected VW so darn much I think he tried inside kicks 4 times ......will he kick to Prevo ( not a VW ) but can cause damage

DA'HAVEN RAN IT DOWN THEIR THROATS....AND MERRYVILLE PASSED ALOT MORE....THEY RAN INTO SOME ATHLETIC STUDS WHO DID NOT GIVE UP....A FEW QUESTIONABLE CALLS BUT NOT LIKE THE USUAL EAST TENNESSEE REFS....BUT THE TIGERS PULLED IT OUT ON THE BACK OF DODSON...IT WAS A THRILLER....HOPING TO SEE THE SAME GUTS TO GLORY FROM THIS YEARS MATCHUP......