HENDERSONVILLE vs. MARYVILLE 6A Championship

Newcastle

Maybe I'm missing something you guys think having "class" is about. but calling coach Q classy?? I don't think going for it on 4th down when you're up 44-7 late in the 4th is very classy. If anything, Coach Hatfield is a class act for even shaking his hand after the game for doing that. Either way Maryville was the better team, but that wasn't class at all no matter how you look at it.

Maybe I'm missing something you guys think having "class" is about. but calling coach Q classy?? I don't think going for it on 4th down when you're up 44-7 late in the 4th is very classy. If anything, Coach Hatfield is a class act for even shaking his hand after the game for doing that. Either way Maryville was the better team, but that wasn't class at all no matter how you look at it.

so what should he have done? Kicked it and made it 47-7 he gave it to a soph behind the #2 line

so what should he have done? Kicked it and made it 47-7 he gave it to a soph behind the #2 line

CHIEF15,  obviously you and others on here do not know anything about REBEL football or its history. Waving a Rebel Flag is not disrespecting another team, it is showing school spirit in a victory for true REBEL fans. No I wasn't there, but can tell you this, we had Rebel flags flying every year that we have been there, ummm this makes 5 years in a row, and none of the Memphis crowd did anything about it, nor did they cry about it. So if the kids did something to injure the fans that is one thing, but to wave their flags is nothing more than show that they have school spirit well quit your complaining.... Whitehaven acted like a bunch of immature babies last year and the year before....in 2011 they didn't want to come out and shake the hands of the team that kept their offense out of the endzone all night, and last year the fans stormed the field trying to start fights after a win that was given to them by an officiating crew that didn't know the rules....yes the Rebels should have put more points on the board to take the officials out of it, but hey the Maryville players, kids, and fans showed they could act like humans in defeat.....

As for class regarding GQ, he has more class in his left pinky toe than most anyone on this board, and obviously he wanted to make sure this mighty powerful HHS team didn't try to make a comeback on our MIGHTY Rebels.....LOL!!!! He also took the officiating crew out of screwing up the possible outcome like last year..... As for them not going for 3, it is simple, his 2nd team was up against HHS 1st team defense, lets see if the defense can stop them and they did, for what the 3rd ofr 4th time all night??? The Rebels just proved again that nobody in Middle TN has beat them since they moved up to 6A, and I doubt they will for a few more years to come. Face it, as Ron Wright would say "HHS just got handed an old fashion East Tn dawg whoopin' !!!! LOL!!! .........Good night until next year boys, that is if you can make it back............RP..........................

Edited by RatPack
  • Upvote 1

Yes GQ is classy. If he wasn't the score could have been 100-0!
  • Upvote 1

He ran the most basic running play he could FOUR times. If he had wanted to score 70, he would have. Last time I checked, the other team is supposed to stop the offense. Not the offensive team. Go eat your sour grapes.

You know what's classless? Your Flipping band playing every time Maryville had the ball the whole time they had the ball. That was what Whitehaven did when we played them last year and that surprised me that your school would lower itself to that level. That had more to do with pissing off the Maryville fans and in my book G.Q. could of put 20 more points on the board than what was on there. The only time they didn't play was just before halftime and in the fourth quarter but we figured their lips got stuck to the instruments since it was so cold. Your just mad because it didn't turn out like you wanted and it being such a one sided game.

Great win by Maryville tonight. Great bunch of kids that play for a great coach. 4 gold balls for the east. I was disappointed in a few Maryville young fans that walked over to the Hendersonville side and waved the rebel flag right in front of their crowd. Pretty classless on their part. Its kind of funny I didn't see them pull that crap the last 2 yrs against Whitehaven, I would say they wouldn't have made it back over to the Maryville side.

Good Lord so because a Couple Maryville kids responded to the Hendersonville kids getting everybody's attention so that we all knew they had a Rebel Flag and then throwing that Rebel Flag to the Ground ( Oh forgot that part I guess ) you feel like you have to make a big deal about that ?? I guess we need to start enforcing strict rules and laws on these young kids ... how dare they get into a ball game !! Make them sit at attention and no hollering allowed either . It's hilarious to see how people are so easily offended now a days ... some people can't remember that they weren't Perfect little Angels when they were in High School . And then I get to see George doesn't have Class , geez guys , seriously ?? You guys didn't realize that " Great goal line Stand " was because George was getting everybody on the team in the game ... disappointing to see this crap when Maryville kids worked their butts off and both teams showed Class and respect to each other . I'll stop right now , CONGRATS REBELS on an Unbelievable Season , probably one of Maryville's best ever . 

You know what's classless? Your Flipping band playing every time Maryville had the ball the whole time they had the ball. That was what Whitehaven did when we played them last year and that surprised me that your school would lower itself to that level. That had more to do with pissing off the Maryville fans and in my book G.Q. could of put 20 more points on the board than what was on there. The only time they didn't play was just before halftime and in the fourth quarter but we figured their lips got stuck to the instruments since it was so cold. Your just mad because it didn't turn out like you wanted and it being such a one sided game.

He is not a Hendersonville fan.