HENDERSONVILLE vs. MARYVILLE 6A Championship

Newcastle

Ok rat I was there the last 3 yrs and I PROMISE YOU 4 STUDENTS DIDN'T GET OUTOF THEIR SEATS WALK OVER AND STAND RIGHTIN FRONT OF WHITEHAVENS BLEACHERS (about 4 ft away from their crowd) and wave a flag that said rebels on it (not a rebel flag I am sorry if everyone misunderstood me). I was not saying they were racist I was saying they were classless. And Barney what in the heck are u talking about Maryville band also played during Hendersonville plays but there is nothing against that in the rule books. Good lord, Maryville has theone of the most genious coaches on the planet in coach q its just a shame he can't share some of his genious with some of his fans.LOL

This all started because a whole bunch of Hendersonville students had already foot cruised through the MHS student section stirring up trouble. Two female MHS students thought it would be a good idea to retaliate by walking through the HHS student section with a Maryville Helmet Logo flag. A male HHS student grabbed the flag and took it away from them. HHS drew first blood on this one.  It was bad judgement on their part to stoop to HHS's level.

Throwing the flag to the ground? You mean after Maryville students walks over and waves it 4 ft in front of their face. What did u think they would do? What do u think Whitehaven would have done to them? Oh yeah that didn't happen. I know if my kids would have done that it would have been ugly for them. Lets just say going to a football game would be the last thing they would be worrying about!

Maybe I'm missing something you guys think having "class" is about. but calling coach Q classy?? I don't think going for it on 4th down when you're up 44-7 late in the 4th is very classy. If anything, Coach Hatfield is a class act for even shaking his hand after the game for doing that. Either way Maryville was the better team, but that wasn't class at all no matter how you look at it.

Let me explain something to you... this game could have been double the score if GQ had not taken his foot off the gas. The "goal line stand" was a gift , I mean do you honestly believe that Hville could have stopped us. GQ pulled Prevo out and was playing sophomores to try and stop himself.  There is much made about class though very few know quite what it is. Class does not mean not scoring on your opponent , the only other thing GQ could have done was just told the guys to fumble the ball to Hville and let you run it 99.99 yds for a TD with no pursuit.  Good GOD man have some pride.   That is why we have score boards.

Pretty classless on their part. Its kind of funny I didn't see them pull that crap the last 2 yrs against Whitehaven, I would say they wouldn't have made it back over to the Maryville side.

Whitehaven stayed on their side and we stayed on our side. A bunch of Hendersonville students or fans came over to our students first. Should we have grabbed those kids and not let them go back to to the HHS side. What are you advocating?

Wiseguy I sat over at the Whitehaven side the last 2 yrs (I actually do that because I love it when Maryville makes a big play and I get to see their fans get into it a lot better) and if students from Maryville had come over I promise you it would have been ugly! They were REALLY into both those games!