No Privates Left in Playoffs

slimshady

It may sound like its about one school, but I've been around this for many years. In 1a we used to have CPA,DCA, FRA,USJ  and a slew of others. Some played by the rules and some didn't. It got to the point that one of them were winning the state every single year, the winner usually had to knock off the second best team and it was private also. Out of all the more competitive privates that we now have, Boyd is about the only one that could compete with the others. I used to think it was all about recruiting, but me and many others were sorta ignorant to what was really going on. Yeah they did get a few good atheletes to transfer in ,but it really had a ton to do with the structure of these schools. You really have to go back to the BA thing. Private schools learned a formula for success and took advantage of it. Not nearly all private schools went to the extreme of the others and the ones that didn't couldnt beat Tom Thumb. Grace is just the new bully on the block and they are heck bent,  But really any private with money and the desire to build a powerhouse can and they will. You just need to do a little research and you'll know exactly where I'm coming from. Trust me. I'm well educated on the subject.

ok I know your passionate about it, so I will let it lie, but again in Georgia we went back to the old system and with no multiplier and it works, but maybe not here in Tennessee...my question though is you truly believe that kicking the 12 of us out of 1A and 2A will give the other 82 schools the best shot at winning state...I would argue that your anger will then just be redirected to the publics who know how to get pass the rules...I think the argument should be lets punish the group that does it wrong, no matter public or private, and then we will see changes....

It may sound like its about one school, but I've been around this for many years. In 1a we used to have CPA,DCA, FRA,USJ  and a slew of others. Some played by the rules and some didn't. It got to the point that one of them were winning the state every single year, the winner usually had to knock off the second best team and it was private also. Out of all the more competitive privates that we now have, Boyd is about the only one that could compete with the others. I used to think it was all about recruiting, but me and many others were sorta ignorant to what was really going on. Yeah they did get a few good atheletes to transfer in ,but it really had a ton to do with the structure of these schools. You really have to go back to the BA thing. Private schools learned a formula for success and took advantage of it. Not nearly all private schools went to the extreme of the others and the ones that didn't couldnt beat Tom Thumb. Grace is just the new bully on the block and they are heck bent,  But really any private with money and the desire to build a powerhouse can and they will. You just need to do a little research and you'll know exactly where I'm coming from. Trust me. I'm well educated on the subject.

so can any public my friend as we are seeing here in Chattanooga ^_^

so can any public my friend as we are seeing here in Chattanooga ^_^

Can';t argue that issue Skydogg. I mainly just know about the small rural schools. Bigger schools have different issues, but for my part. I'm not real concerned. Shoot as a matter of fact , I wish they would put the BA's and Ensworths back in the mix. It wouldn't just be the little fellers screaming then. Now that would be a HOOT.

Can';t argue that issue Skydogg. I mainly just know about the small rural schools. Bigger schools have different issues, but for my part. I'm not real concerned. Shoot as a matter of fact , I wish they would put the BA's and Ensworths back in the mix. It wouldn't just be the little fellers screaming then. Now that would be a HOOT.

yeah its frustrating to any of us who are trying to do it the right way...we have lost 4 kids this year in our program to PUBLICS, enjoy that one LOL

yeah its frustrating to any of us who are trying to do it the right way...we have lost 4 kids this year in our program to PUBLICS, enjoy that one LOL

Its a different world in this area. Not much need for Privates. Shoot if we had a private school in Carter Co. They would be fortunate to have 50 kids. We may lose a kid or 2 to Elizabethton, but for the most part, we don't lose many kids.

Its a different world in this area. Not much need for Privates. Shoot if we had a private school in Carter Co. They would be fortunate to have 50 kids. We may lose a kid or 2 to Elizabethton, but for the most part, we don't lose many kids.

Yeah I think its all in perception anyway...I went and dug up the past decade of the 11 privates records and compared to the top 11 teams that were left in the playoffs and here are the INTERESTING numbers:

Publics 794-425 .651 winning % with 6 state championships which will go to 8 this year as their are no privates left:}

Privates 670-533 .557 winning % with 1 state championship and that was exactly 10 years ago

maybe these privates well other than Grace don't have this thing figured out LOL

Yeah I think its all in perception anyway...I went and dug up the past decade of the 11 privates records and compared to the top 11 teams that were left in the playoffs and here are the INTERESTING numbers:

Publics 794-425 .651 winning % with 6 state championships which will go to 8 this year as their are no privates left:}

Privates 670-533 .557 winning % with 1 state championship and that was exactly 10 years ago

maybe these privates well other than Grace don't have this thing figured out LOL

The best 2  2a teams in the state the last 2 seasons were FC and Boyd, Grace was also right at the top. Good pasture will rise to the top in a hurry if they have a mind to. We also have several 2a privates in d2, they can come back anytime they want to. This ptm or part time multiplier is nothing more than a slap in the face to the small publics.

The best 2 2a teams in the state the last 2 seasons were FC and Boyd, Grace was also right at the top. Good pasture will rise to the top in a hurry if they have a mind to. We also have several 2a privates in d2, they can come back anytime they want to. This ptm or part time multiplier is nothing more than a slap in the face to the small publics.

True... Well just always enjoy talking to you and you know I want us to split because it would help at my school

True... Well just always enjoy talking to you and you know I want us to split because it would help at my school

You are a good one in my book Skydogg, Shoot even Reaction was pulling for Trousdale in a big way the other night. He's knows whats happening. He's been around this for many years. Ihope you get you're wish and they split. I'd always pull for you fellers.

The best 2  2a teams in the state the last 2 seasons were FC and Boyd, Grace was also right at the top. Good pasture will rise to the top in a hurry if they have a mind to. We also have several 2a privates in d2, they can come back anytime they want to. This ptm or part time multiplier is nothing more than a slap in the face to the small publics.

you are 100% right.goodpasture is in the same district as red b. springs. that is just wrong,wrong,wrong and nobody can explain it to me and ever make it right.

You are a good one in my book Skydogg, Shoot even Reaction was pulling for Trousdale in a big way the other night. He's knows whats happening. He's been around this for many years. Ihope you get you're wish and they split. I'd always pull for you fellers.

Yeah down here my friend we were glad in the Trousdale victory!!