Giles vs Fulton 4a Championship "The Rematch"

JAFO

Got to tip the hat t Giles County fans and players. Giles was definitely a good team and a previous gold ball winner. They are well coached and players play with passion and respect. Both teams made mistakes and had execution problems, but when the score was 20-14 in the 3rd, everyone wondered if Giles would seize the momentum and make the game go he distance. Fulton came out on top, but Giles earned their spot in the championship game and deserve the respect as the runner-up in the 4A State Championship. There is no shame in admiring the big silver ball in the trophy case. Fulton has 2 silver balls that stand proudly next to the gold ones.

Congratulations Fulton and Giles. 

Giles loses a lot of talent this year. And, that's on a team that wasn't suppose to make it past the second round. Just stating the facts boys.

I fully expected Giles to come out of quad 3 , I wasn't surprised at all when they defeated Pearl Cohn. Giles is a dangerous team when they are sent to quad 3 instead of quad 2 like the past couple of years.

Giles loses a lot of talent this year. And, that's on a team that wasn't suppose to make it past the second round. Just stating the facts boys.

Thanks for clearing that up, we all really didnt know the facts. We will just probably cancel football next year now. I hope we face you next season. Have a nice winter.....boys.

I did not see Alcoa play this season so I cannot comment on their speed. But, the speed in 4A was heads and shoulders above the rest of the state...except for (possibly Alcoa). Maryville wins by superior coaching...as usual. However, I don't think Maryville got to play the best team in 6A. I can't disrespect Maryville, Alcoa, or...for that matter...Knox West, but for all the superlatives in the state the speed...and I do mean SPEED, is in 4A. Rollins is NFL fast and he did not touch the ball after the 2nd round. From what I saw Maryville nor the rest of the state could compete with the speed in 4A this season. Again, Alcoa not withstanding. Congratulations Fulton.

I don't think Maryville got to play the best team in 6A. I can't disrespect Maryville, Alcoa, or...for that matter...Knox West, but for all the superlatives in the state the speed...and I do mean SPEED, is in 4A. Rollins is NFL fast and he did not touch the ball after the 2nd round. From what I saw Maryville nor the rest of the state could compete with the speed in 4A this season. Again, Alcoa not withstanding. Congratulations Fulton.

You're right , we didn't , it would of been funny watching us play against ourselves . Good thing you're incapable of Disrespecting us ... lol 

Much respect to Fulton. They were definitely the best team in 4A this season. 

I think the blowout can be contributed to what I have said has been the bane of this team all season, poor offensive playcalling. You can't be predictable and beat a great team. They knew when we were going to throw a screen and played it very well. we only have two, maybe three running plays, so there's that too....

Another thing that hurt us was some uncharacteristic, bad performance from some star players. 

All in all, very proud of this team and can't wait until next year!

Just hope we can get an offensive coordinator by then.