Hampton Bulldogs Basketball

fieldsaj1

Do the hampton bulldogs have what it takes to win the region and possibly a state appearanc

I went down this road with the 2011 team...Most of them would tell you that this unit has as much, maybe even more talent! What MAY hurt this unit is their size in the box if they have a bad shooting night....Although, the DOGS have played tougher in the paint the last two games.

S.C. has been shooting the ball well...The same can be said for T.M...T.R. has played very strong.

Our guard play is still a bit off, but team play has been strong...When our 1 and 2 starts pouring it on and their shots start falling, this unit will be a scoring machine.

Fellers, Its all about peaking ...And I'd rather see them peak late as too soon!

C.M. and C.J. will figure their shots out and everything will be rolling...Im sure some dont like it, but working a shot out and getting in game mode takes place in a game, not just practice.

But if you read the stats of last game, you'd see that everything is pretty even in the points and hustle catagories...

S.C. said in Sunday's article that ball movement was good and it was a team win and all that mattered to any of them was the W....Thats the attitude that leads talented teams to regional championships and the 'boro!!!!!!

I went down this road with the 2011 team...Most of them would tell you that this unit has as much, maybe even more talent! What MAY hurt this unit is their size in the box if they have a bad shooting night....Although, the DOGS have played tougher in the paint the last two games.

S.C. has been shooting the ball well...The same can be said for T.M...T.R. has played very strong.

Our guard play is still a bit off, but team play has been strong...When our 1 and 2 starts pouring it on and their shots start falling, this unit will be a scoring machine.

Fellers, Its all about peaking ...And I'd rather see them peak late as too soon!

C.M. and C.J. will figure their shots out and everything will be rolling...Im sure some dont like it, but working a shot out and getting in game mode takes place in a game, not just practice.

But if you read the stats of last game, you'd see that everything is pretty even in the points and hustle catagories...

S.C. said in Sunday's article that ball movement was good and it was a team win and all that mattered to any of them was the W....Thats the attitude that leads talented teams to regional championships and the 'boro!!!!!!

TEAM play is what its all about. Thats why there is 5 on the floor at ALL times. Still some players need to play TEAM ball and pass it around and look more for the open man. STOP WORRYING ABOUT PERSONAL STATS.

WelI think the dogs have what it takes partly because i was the center on last years team but because i know the the players and what they are able to do and how they can play. If they play as a team they will win but if they try to get more points than the other they will be hurting but they will be good if they all give a great deal of effert as a team goal to win games no matter the points and stats. The could box out and rebound a little better and run the offense all the way through and get a good look before shooting the ball all the time.

• Upvote 1

WelI think the dogs have what it takes partly because i was the center on last years team but because i know the the players and what they are able to do and how they can play. If they play as a team they will win but if they try to get more points than the other they will be hurting but they will be good if they all give a great deal of effert as a team goal to win games no matter the points and stats. The could box out and rebound a little better and run the offense all the way through and get a good look before shooting the ball all the time.

Very well said and you are right...enjoyed watching you play last yr...good luck to you.

This TEAM has alot more charactor than previous years. The biggest key is staying healthy and playing as one.The biggest weakness is lack of size,but if you block out and play fundamentally sound. you can overcome that aspect.Hampton has a great chance of winning region, I'm not real sure about the State,but they deffinately have a chance. From the looks of things,Hampton should be DANG good for the next several years. Its gonna be hard to start for this team in the next couple of years. Times are good and it don't look like its gonna change anytime soon.

TEAM play is what its all about. Thats why there is 5 on the floor at ALL times. Still some players need to play TEAM ball and pass it around and look more for the open man. STOP WORRYING ABOUT PERSONAL STATS.

guru, last game had a scoring spread of like 9 to 14 points per player....Thats fairly even play by all...I agree that better shot selections are available at times...BUT I also agree with shooters shooting (good shots) when open...A LOT of good shots didnt fall from the perimeter the last two games...Those will begin to fall and open up post play and drives to the rim even more...As I stated earlier, boxing out and rebounding have improved....Our guard play will improve also...A lil more movement by all on the O side of the ball will serve this team well...Its easy for players to go to their "spots" and forget to move...We'll just have to give this unit a lil more time to adjust and gel.

BTW, dont think I disagree with ya on the TEAM concept...Im 100% all about team play...Ive seen teams that moved the ball a lot less than this unit does.

This TEAM has alot more charactor than previous years. The biggest key is staying healthy and playing as one.The biggest weakness is lack of size,but if you block out and play fundamentally sound. you can overcome that aspect.Hampton has a great chance of winning region, I'm not real sure about the State,but they deffinately have a chance. From the looks of things,Hampton should be DANG good for the next several years. Its gonna be hard to start for this team in the next couple of years. Times are good and it don't look like its gonna change anytime soon.

Hellooooo PUJO! Heard you all had a blast at GCA lat week!

Yea, the DOGS are loaded! I still think we're weeks from seeing this team play as good as they are capable of