District 11AA 2014

alltime

Stewart County Coach Cody Finley has been in charge of the program for 1 full year and has gained the respect of the young men at Stewart County. These young men have seen a tremendous amount of turnover and turmoil during the last 4 years. A different coach ever year after Holiday left. My son has his football friends over and I hear them talking about their coach and the things he tells them

And the way he motivates them. I know there are a lot of good coaches in district 11AA but I think that the Rebels finally have a keeper. Hope he will stay. I am looking forward to Spring ball and what it brings. If you see Finley around tell him Stewart County believes in him. We may never be a football power but I do think he will make some noise. We will see!

You can bet your bottom dollar that every word of what you said is true (minus the beginning of that second to last sentence).  SCHS will become a "force" just as CCCHS did while Coach Finley was there.  I'd fully expect the record from last year to flip/flop in 2014. 

You can bet your bottom dollar that every word of what you said is true (minus the beginning of that second to last sentence).  SCHS will become a "force" just as CCCHS did while Coach Finley was there.  I'd fully expect the record from last year to flip/flop in 2014.

LBD it sounds like you know Finley very we'll. Let's see how SCHS looks in their spring games. I do know he said when he arrived that his team was not strong enough and he had stressed strength conditioning. I also hope you are correct in the record flip flop 7 wins and 3 losses would get the hometown very excited. We had 2 of our largest gates ever last year . Very excited about this coming fall. !!!!!!! This district is tough and a challenge .

Just saw Fairview's 2014 schedule. Lewis County will be in town for Homecoming! Talk about a football game, that is awesome! Knowing how LC travels, there will be thousands of folks at this one! I like this much better than having some non district patsy on Homecoming. Should be an awesome game and atmosphere!

Just saw Fairview's 2014 schedule. Lewis County will be in town for Homecoming! Talk about a football game, that is awesome! Knowing how LC travels, there will be thousands of folks at this one! I like this much better than having some non district patsy on Homecoming. Should be an awesome game and atmosphere!

Fairview @ Cheatham County in Week Zero will be good.  The Cubs should be improved in Mintz's second year.  It will be the Jackets first trip to Ashland City since November of 2012.

Fairview @ Cheatham County in Week Zero will be good. The Cubs should be improved in Mintz's second year. It will be the Jackets first trip to Ashland City since November of 2012.

I agree. This is a good, healthy rivalry, and it will be much more even this year. Look forward to getting back over to The Den!

• 3 weeks later...

Less than 2 weeks from now we will get a preview of what we will have this fall. Spring football practice is upon us. 1st scrimmage coming soon.

You're about to see a much improved team that looks good and is very physical in scrimmages. I heard that Stewart is much stronger in the weight room this time around. That stuff carries over come game time!