Grundy County Jackets 2014

LaugerHead Lonnie

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where there not two experienced coaches who applied for that job? If memory serves they were both told they were not needed. Both guys went back to the to the good years working with Pickett. Why should we bring in experience assistants to help out these guys? Sounds like another way to help them do there own jobs. They should have never been hired. The job should have given to one of the guys who had experience and then if they failed the Bryant's would have gained experience and would have been the logical next step. As normal in Grundy skip a step for politics and not for the good of the kids...

Opie that's always been the GRUNDY way! It's all about politics! I don't think we need anyone even from the Pickett days. We need new blood no one from here. My thoughts are to get a proven assistant from one of these big schools that's been a proven big time winner year after year that's looking for an opportunity to prove him self and his skills. This is what I'm thinking this program needs. That's realistically thinking. But what would be even better is to get a proven head coach with a proven background. Which is probably thinking out of the box. But this is just my opinion! TIME FOR CHANGE IN 2014!

I ain't got a dog in this hunt, other than wantin' some better district competition.  Sounds like to me that you fellers need a coach that can unite the community in ther support of the football programs.  If the community ain't united behind the team, the boys ain't gonna put in the hard work year round that is required these days.  At this point, I'm not sure you can git the mules pullin' together without changin' the wagon driver.  JMO

Grundy County needs to go outside the box and bring in a Black coach and shake things up. Places like Grundy goes stale after keeping it in house for so long and going with familiar names. If Grundy had some athletes to go with all that size you guys have year in and out you could challenge in 3A. Until pieces get moved you will continue to spin your wheels. I'm just keeping it real

Why does it need to be a black coach? A new coach of any race could shake things up.

Ok a mixed coach or a Spanish coach. My point was Grundy could use some diversity in their program. Isn't it obvious? I'm not trying to be mean. They always have alot of good kids but lack a few athletes to contend. I think they could do much more with what they have. Just seems you guys want change but nobody is willing to shake the tree enough to make it happen. I'm just keeping it real

I am just going to speak honestly here. The chances of Grundy hiring anyone but a white coach is slim to none. That would be the case in most rural county schools. I am not saying it is right or wrong, but that is just how it is.

I understand my friend so therefore the problem isn't the coach if they aren't willing to go hire somebody that would attract families from the surrounding counties. Thanks for keeping it real

• 2 weeks later...

There are plenty of small counties/schools that are good and compete year in and year out.

I agree. But unfortunately I think 3-7/4-6 is competing for GC. These small counties believe they should hire a guy and have big results. Look at DC they hired a pee wee guy and he has built that program and they can compete for a region title each year. Trapp has brought stability to DC that's what small counties need.