Referee Involvement During the Match

mat73557

I agree wrestling the line is being taught . I don't like it at all. It makes for a long boring match. Sometimes over 10 minutes for a match that isn't even close .Kids are being taught wrestle the line if they get a shot on you back out. I've watched kids take the other down 3-4 times before they finally get the takedown or a stalling point. Yes if your close to the line on your back push out. But if you are neutral top or bottom ,don't move to the line before trying a move. Just my opinion.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This point in the season its great the refs are talking to the kids by the way. You've got to remember its early in the season still. Some of the kids might need to be reminded on a wing "keep it legal"   A) It keeps a kid from getting hurt.  B) The kid in control wont have to lose the move, because it went to far. I believe that it is a good practice. If they were not doing it, we would be talking about  the kids that got hurt because it wasn't being said. Or we would be talking about the refs not enforcing action.  All I've personally heard  is ( keep it legal,  Work in guys, action, and wrestle )  All of which help the match and keep the injuries away. Great job guys keep it up!!!!!!!