Goopasture beats Gordsonsville 112-44?

UCSportsFan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I don't think the Goodpasture coaching staff care anything about your opinion. You keep whining about them being a 2A in 1A that should be DII? Well they can't get to DII until they play in 1A since you can't move 2 classes. I was at the game and Goodpasture was very fun to watch, they were running the floor and sharing the ball very well, Gordonsville just couldn't keep up. I don't know to many teams that could. We play them in a couple of weeks and I am hoping for a good game. Does your team play them this year? If not, why do you care?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I don't think the Goodpasture coaching staff care anything about your opinion. You keep whining about them being a 2A in 1A that should be DII? Well they can't get to DII until they play in 1A since you can't move 2 classes. I was at the game and Goodpasture was very fun to watch, they were running the floor and sharing the ball very well, Gordonsville just couldn't keep up. I don't know to many teams that could. We play them in a couple of weeks and I am hoping for a good game. Does your team play them this year? If not, why do you care?

You are obviously ignorant as to the classifications so i will give you a pass on that. They moved down knowing that Ronnie Carter had put a rule in that would allow them play in 1A for 4 years. Its very clear that Gordonsville couldn't keep up genius, but there is no reason to beat a team that badly.  All you do is rub it in the nose of the opposing team when you score 112 points and you're winning by 70!  To answer your question i would say there is a good chance our teams will play them in the region tournament as they are in our region (another idiotic move by TSSAA) and i'm sure they will be heavily favored to win the boys game.  GP and alot of the other christian schools really don't teach good sportsmanship, and this is just another case that proves that point.

Edited by devilfanatic

You are obviously ignorant as to the classifications so i will give you a pass on that. They moved down knowing that Ronnie Carter had put a rule in that would allow them play in 1A for 4 years. Its very clear that Gordonsville couldn't keep up genius, but there is no reason to beat a team that badly.  All you do is rub it in the nose of the opposing team when you score 112 points and you're winning by 70!  To answer your question i would say there is a good chance our teams will play them in the region tournament as they are in our region (another idiotic move by TSSAA) and i'm sure they will be heavily favored to win the boys game.  GP and alot of the other christian schools really don't teach good sportsmanship, and this is just another case that proves that point.

Your posts seem to be the only ignorant thing here my friend. Goodpasture couldn't drop from 2A straight to DII. As I said I was at the game and if anyone was showing poor sportsmanship it was a guard from Gordonsville. He got called for at least one intentional foul early in the game and looked like he was head hunting the rest of the night. I can't say for certain, but that might have played a part in the final score. No need to get heated, good luck down the road. We play Goodpasture early Jan. should be a good game.

Your posts seem to be the only ignorant thing here my friend. Goodpasture couldn't drop from 2A straight to DII. As I said I was at the game and if anyone was showing poor sportsmanship it was a guard from Gordonsville. He got called for at least one intentional foul early in the game and looked like he was head hunting the rest of the night. I can't say for certain, but that might have played a part in the final score. No need to get heated, good luck down the road. We play Goodpasture early Jan. should be a good game.

First of all i am not your friend, secondly the multiplier that was put into effect by T$$AA would put GP in 2A however because of the Ronnie rule they are allowed to play in 1A for 4 years.  So again your ignorance is clear.  I could care less when you play them or how the game comes out.  As for the young man that you said was "supposedly" head hunting well if they continue to beat teams like this in our region i would expect alot of that to happen especially when they travel to Hartsville.  It might get really ugly there if this coach decides to do the same thing to that team, but then again i wouldn't expect anything less from this private/recruiting "christian" school. :popcorneater:

First of all i am not your friend, secondly the multiplier that was put into effect by T$$AA would put GP in 2A however because of the Ronnie rule they are allowed to play in 1A for 4 years.  So again your ignorance is clear.  I could care less when you play them or how the game comes out.  As for the young man that you said was "supposedly" head hunting well if they continue to beat teams like this in our region i would expect alot of that to happen especially when they travel to Hartsville.  It might get really ugly there if this coach decides to do the same thing to that team, but then again i wouldn't expect anything less from this private/recruiting "christian" school. :popcorneater:

Ok "keyboard warrior" you keep posting your tough guy post with little ric flair pic. Good luck when you meet Goodpasture in region play, the fear in your posts sounds like your gonna need it.

Also, your post reeks of stupid. Do you play schools from Memphis? With open zoning they all recruit up there. The metro schools in Nashville have ways that have allowed them to go out and recruit kids to their school because they offer classes that other schools don't. A lot of counties will allow students to go anywhere if a parent works in the system, so recruiting goes on in public schools to "friend!" Can't wait for your next whiny schoolgirl post.

Ok "keyboard warrior" you keep posting your tough guy post with little ric flair pic. Good luck when you meet Goodpasture in region play, the fear in your posts sounds like your gonna need it.

Also, your post reeks of stupid. Do you play schools from Memphis? With open zoning they all recruit up there. The metro schools in Nashville have ways that have allowed them to go out and recruit kids to their school because they offer classes that other schools don't. A lot of counties will allow students to go anywhere if a parent works in the system, so recruiting goes on in public schools to "friend!" Can't wait for your next whiny schoolgirl post.

You are obviously the product of the private school system i can tell by your name calling antics that you have stooped to.  As for a "keyboard warrior" well i have served my country in the Unites States Marine Corps to allow punks like you to have the freedom in which to post on this website.  My point on this thread was more about a so called "christian" private school beating a county school by 70 points. There is no place for that and this coach is wrong for doing this to any team.  As for when our teams play GP, if and when that happens they might win one game but they have absolutely no shot at the other side.  

Absolutely no class to beat someone that bad. It's simply an adult abusing a bunch of teenagers. It's that college attitude coming from an ex college player now coaching high school basketball. I am shocked that one of their kids didn't get hurt

Exactly my point, why in the world would a coach allow his team to score 112 points when you are up by 70 points.  There is no place for this in high school athletics imo and i for one hope this comes back to haunt them!  I have watched our girls teams play for several years and there have been many occasions where Jim Brown could have beaten teams by 100 if he wanted to but he would never do that, he has way too much class and respect for the kids on the other team to do that.  

Actually, Goodpasture had the opportunity to go D2. In fact every school in TN has that opportunity. Prior to the re-classification date, each school gets a letter to decide if they want to play D1 or D2. Any school can play in D2 if they want to. After the responses comes in, the TSSAA then puts the schools in the their classes (D2 A and AA, and D1 A, AA, AAA) and then they put them in the districts, regions, etc. Any public can play D2 if they want to as well. Goodpasture had the chance to go to D2 but chose not to. FCS chose to go D2. You can only guess why FCS chose to go and why Goodpasture did not.

Edited by StudCantrell

Actually, Goodpasture had the opportunity to go D2. In fact every school in TN has that opportunity. Prior to the re-classification date, each school gets a letter to decide if the want to play D1 or D2. Any school can play in D2 if they want to. After the responses comes in, the TSSAA then puts the schools in the their classes (D2 A and AA, and D1 A, AA, AAA) and then they put them in the districts, regions, etc. Any public can play D2 if they want to as well. Goodpasture had the chance to go to D2 but chose not to. FCS chose to go D2. You can only guess why FCS chose to go and why Goodpasture did not.

Good post.  The powers that be at GP knew of the "Ronnie rule" that would allow them to move down to 1A for 4 years because of football.  They will  undoubtedly move back to Div 2 when these 4 years are up.  They are trying to win as many titles as they can during this time.  Its really ridiculous that T$$AA would institute a multiplier but then say it only applies in certain situations, but like i said this is more about a coach and a team beating another team by 70 points and scoring 112 points in the process.  No place for it in high school athletics and imo this coach is way out of line for doing it.

Edited by devilfanatic