Goopasture beats Gordsonsville 112-44?

UCSportsFan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to mention that once a school decides to go D1, that school can decide which class they want play in. This happens between the declaration of each school deciding to go D1 or D2 and the division of classes and districts. A school can play up a classification but can not play down. Trousdale did this for years back in the early 2000's. They had Class A enrollment but played in AA. 

No excuse for this to happen. Totally classless. This only causes more resentment between the private and public schools. We will soon have a split.

This has nothing to do with public or private.  The Science Hill basketball programs (both men's and women's teams) are notorious for running up the score against hapless opponents, with stirring victories last year and this which included nail-biters such as 104-10, 105-30, 103-32, 101-48, etc. etc. etc.  Science Hill is a public school.  Don't matter whether public or private - lack of class is lack of class.    

This won't be the only total blowout by Goodpasture of a district opponent. In a district of overmatched opponents, look for games like this. Unfortunately, for Goodpasture, it won't help them down the road when they advance to the state playoffs. The West Tennessee teams will be much more battle tested. Humboldt plays in the toughest A district in the State, and Mitchell is playing a rugged schedule.

This has nothing to do with public or private.  The Science Hill basketball programs (both men's and women's teams) are notorious for running up the score against hapless opponents, with stirring victories last year and this which included nail-biters such as 104-10, 105-30, 103-32, 101-48, etc. etc. etc.  Science Hill is a public school.  Don't matter whether public or private - lack of class is lack of class.

Agreed! good post

Most of the time I would agree that a 70 point blow out is not called for. That said there have been a few justified ones over the years, and personally I think that there should be a few more. I have seem some "thugish" teams play, permitted, and even egged on by the coach. Those teams usually get to experience a little "Karma" at some point.

The same with the vaunted "home court" advantage that some teams get. You know where every year you get those 30-10 fouls games, and you seem to have the same "crew" of officials calling for the home team every week. You know where the home team is basically playing 8-5. Well IMHO when you have one of those situations then the rules of sportsmanship no longer need apply.

You guys are killing me.  You post about all of the beatdowns that Goodpasture got in football but when the shoe is on the other foot, here come the tears and the "mommy he's mean to me" comments.  It appears to me that out of all of these posts, there was only one person that actually saw the game and their comment is right on.

Now for the facts of someone who was at the game:

1)  There was no running up the score.  The starters were pulled a few minutes into the 3rd quarter.  The JV played the entire 4th quarter.  GP still outscored Gordonsville 49-15 in the 2nd half.

2)  In my opinion, this was the perfect storm.  It was the best game I've seen GP play this year.  The guards were unselfish.  They gave up the ball when guarded and they knocked down the open 3s.  The inside game was great.  Gordonsville had taller players but GP's big man #24 played at the rim all night and had a good game.

3)  There was a 2 minute stretch where Goodpasture played 4 on 5 because one of their players didn't know he was supposed to be in the game.  Coach made him stay on the bench.  GP outscored Gville 10-2 during that stretch.

4)  Gordonsville got down early and ran out of gas in the 2nd half.  Goodpasture has depth this year.  That hasn't been the case in prior years which has been the biggest reason the GP basketball program has been in the crapper until last year.

What do you whiners want?  You be the GP coach.  Do you let the other team keep shooting unguarded until they finally make one?  When you bring the ball in, do you hand it to the other team and tell them to shoot?  Do you hold the ball for the entire 2nd, 3rd, & 4th quarters because you're up 28-11 at the end of the 1st quarter?  Goodpasture's coach did the same thing any of the other coach would do.  He pulled the starters and let the subs and JV play a lot.

GP has been on the other end of the beating a bunch.  It's not fun on either side.  I think Gordonsville has a good team but I think they ran into a night when everything for GP was going great.

You guys are killing me.  You post about all of the beatdowns that Goodpasture got in football but when the shoe is on the other foot, here come the tears and the "mommy he's mean to me" comments.  It appears to me that out of all of these posts, there was only one person that actually saw the game and their comment is right on.

Now for the facts of someone who was at the game:

1)  There was no running up the score.  The starters were pulled a few minutes into the 3rd quarter.  The JV played the entire 4th quarter.  GP still outscored Gordonsville 49-15 in the 2nd half.

2)  In my opinion, this was the perfect storm.  It was the best game I've seen GP play this year.  The guards were unselfish.  They gave up the ball when guarded and they knocked down the open 3s.  The inside game was great.  Gordonsville had taller players but GP's big man #24 played at the rim all night and had a good game.

3)  There was a 2 minute stretch where Goodpasture played 4 on 5 because one of their players didn't know he was supposed to be in the game.  Coach made him stay on the bench.  GP outscored Gville 10-2 during that stretch.

4)  Gordonsville got down early and ran out of gas in the 2nd half.  Goodpasture has depth this year.  That hasn't been the case in prior years which has been the biggest reason the GP basketball program has been in the crapper until last year.

What do you whiners want?  You be the GP coach.  Do you let the other team keep shooting unguarded until they finally make one?  When you bring the ball in, do you hand it to the other team and tell them to shoot?  Do you hold the ball for the entire 2nd, 3rd, & 4th quarters because you're up 28-11 at the end of the 1st quarter?  Goodpasture's coach did the same thing any of the other coach would do.  He pulled the starters and let the subs and JV play a lot.

GP has been on the other end of the beating a bunch.  It's not fun on either side.  I think Gordonsville has a good team but I think they ran into a night when everything for GP was going great.

Exactly when did GP get a beat down put on them in football? They lost a few but were competitive in every game, there was no beat down. I have seen many a game where Coach Brown could have run up a score like this but chose not to out of respect for the kids on the other side. For you to try and rationalize this kind of behavior tells me all i need to know about the kind of person you are. Way to defend this, but then again i would expect nothing less from the private christian schools around here.

Read the posts.  All you see is how everyone talks about the GP beatdowns.  I'm glad you know what kind of person I am.  I've already told you what I think about you and nothing's changed.  What would you have done if you were the GP coach?

I would not have beaten a team this badly and i am a coach and have several opportunities in which to do things just like this. There is nothing gained by doing this kind of thing to teen agers it should go against everything the christian school is trying to teach. However the more i am exposed to these so called christian private schools the more i say you have no Christ in them. Its all about winning at all cost by as much as you can.