District 3 AAA

Regg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after a week and some change, hows it looking?

Seems like the district is pretty clumped up at the top and clumped at the bottom and not a lot in between.  

Karns, Powell, Halls, and maybe AC seem to be the early favorites, in that order.  Karns is just a solid ball club who does a lot to put pressure on the other team and doesn't beat themselves. Powell seems strong but streaky and Halls and AC seem to be too heavily dependent on who's throwing to take the top spot as of now. 

Then on the bottom you have Clinton, Oak Ridge, Central, and CC.  Clinton looks to be in panic mode early with their HC being restricted and then dumped in consecutive games. OR, Central and CC just don't have the horses to compete with the upper tier. 

I think Gibbs is the biggest question mark. Which half of the district will they end up seems to be a coin flip.

So after a week and some change, hows it looking?

Seems like the district is pretty clumped up at the top and clumped at the bottom and not a lot in between.  

Karns, Powell, Halls, and maybe AC seem to be the early favorites, in that order.  Karns is just a solid ball club who does a lot to put pressure on the other team and doesn't beat themselves. Powell seems strong but streaky and Halls and AC seem to be too heavily dependent on who's throwing to take the top spot as of now. 

Then on the bottom you have Clinton, Oak Ridge, Central, and CC.  Clinton looks to be in panic mode early with their HC being restricted and then dumped in consecutive games. OR, Central and CC just don't have the horses to compete with the upper tier. 

I think Gibbs is the biggest question mark. Which half of the district will they end up seems to be a coin flip.

Karns, Powell, and AC look like the favorites to be at the top in the regular season to me. Gibbs could end up near the top if their pitching holds out. I think Halls ends up in the middle followed close by Clinton with Oak Ridge, Central and CC at the bottom. Once the tournament comes it could be a toss up with Oak Ridge and Clinton capable of upsetting the favorites.

Traditionally I would agree that OR and Clinton were good for a big upset. I just don't think either of them have the players to pull that off this year.  Also in the past you had Fronning and Taylor coaching those squads.  Noting against the current coaches at OR or Clinton, but I just don't think they're on that level. 

As it stands now:

1 Powell 6-1 (defeated Karns)

2 Karns 6-1

3 Halls 5-2 (defeated AC)

4 AC  5-2

5 Gibbs 4-3

6 Clinton 2-5 (defeated OR)

7 OR 2-5

8 Central 1-6

9 CC 1-7

Looking forward to some good weather for the start of the second half of district play this week.

Edited by PlayforFUN