Science Hill vs. David Crockett 1/7/14

WCG

The Hilltoppers have out scored DC 287-67 in the last 3 games. What should be done to keep this from happening again Tuesday night? Any ideas?

Once a team gets up past the 30 point mark, it is a great opportunity to work on running an offense all the way through, reversing the basketball several times. There will come a time down the road in post season play where Science Hill will have to be able to run an offense against a good defensive team. Instead of taking the first option, Science Hill could work the basketball around and look for the fourth or fifth option within an offense, which would take more time off the clock. IMO that would be more productive in this situation rather than scoring as quickly as possible. With that being said, I think Science Hill has a great program. I am just giving an idea. 

Once a team gets up past the 30 point mark, it is a great opportunity to work on running an offense all the way through, reversing the basketball several times. There will come a time down the road in post season play where Science Hill will have to be able to run an offense against a good defensive team. Instead of taking the first option, Science Hill could work the basketball around and look for the fourth or fifth option within an offense, which would take more time off the clock. IMO that would be more productive in this situation rather than scoring as quickly as possible. With that being said, I think Science Hill has a great program. I am just giving an idea. 

SH starters probably won't even play after halftime. The 2nd string will see plenty of playing time in this game.

SH starters probably won't even play after halftime. The 2nd string will see plenty of playing time in this game.

True, however, I'm sure SH will be up by 30 before halftime. The question was asked of how to keep from running up the score and really all you can do is to try to slow the game down some. Ex.. stop pressing, play a solid half-court man, no fastbreak, run offensive sets. The second string could also work on running an offense too. Anyway I can also see Science Hill's frustration but Crockett is in your conference so you have to play the game. You just don't have to beat a team by 60 to 80 points either. On the other hand, Crockett could also try to work on running an offense too to work on the clock some.

Someone needs to go to Crockett feeder schools and start a program with 4th/5th grade girls.  It will take time and someone to catch them at the middle school level, but in 6 or 7 years you will see it pay off on the high school floor.  I've seen it happen at 3 different high schools.  And, while it may help some, one or two years of daddy ball from even a well intentioned parent won't be enough.

Or, you could sit back and wait for Science Hill to go downhill since Joe took his act to Erwin.  Yes, Keith was helping Joe in JC and could keep it going but don't know if he wants to do this, too.