Class AAA AP Poll

icouldbeanyone

I see that 60% of Riverdale's starters transferred in from other schools and 80 % if you count the senior who transferred there after the 8th grade.  Sounds like an investigation by the TSSAA might be in order at some point.

Actually granddadone, it is 80% transfers not counting the 8th grader, but why would an 8th grader count and what does it really matter? A TSSAA investigation? Why would they investigate since all transfers are approved through them anyway. Seems to me they would be investigating themselves for approving the transfers, which was all done by the rules.

Really, like it or not, success breeds success. When a program is doing good, kids want to play there. Also, a lot of these kids play together in the spring and summer. I can see where they would want to play together on the same high school team. Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 1

So 100% of Riverdale's starters transferred from other schools.   The TSSAA definitely needs to take a closer look at the shenanigans at Riverdale !!!

Go bark up another tree grandadone.....  :bored: Certainly there is something more positive you can spend your time on than trash a program that does things above the table.  Believe me....if there was anything going on, it would have been found.  You spend way too much negative energy trashing Riverdale.  I sense jealousy...... :thumb: .....you hate the program because they are winners.

Edited by Brandon100

My 5 cents is this....riverdale is crooked no matter how you spin it. There transfers may be "legal" " above the table" but shady business talks took place during AAU, mainly the flight. It is not a coincidence that they replaced players they lost with just what they need. It's all good though cause just like college sports no one cares as long as you win. I'm mad just wish teams in my area could work it like them!

Transfers doesnt necessarily mean fishy, but there is supposed to be no conversations on basketball matters until a transfer is completed. Parents talking up a school in general or even, "He's tough and will work them hard," would probably be acceptable. "We graduate two senior starting posts this year so she will play a lot now and be our go to girl next year," over the line. With so many moving in it is hard for me to believe similar conversations dont take place in order to prevent someone from coming in and then seeing no time because of better talent-either new also or already there.

Edited by Indian

Not barking up the wrong tree warrior.  Just commenting on the FACT that Riverdale encourages transfers instead of working with and building up the girls who grew up in Riverdale schools and who must step aside to allow multiple transfers to move into town just long enough to win another tainted trophy.      I would love to see local teams grow and develop players in their own communities who have lifelong loyalties to their towns and their schools.  An occasional transfer is normal, but having all five starters is a disgrace to the concept of school spirit and loyalty.   I'll leave it at that.

I feel sorry for the kids that leave all their childhood friends behind and the kids who are at Riverdale who must get out of the way for transfers. Riverdale has a top notch program. I wonder how many of the transfers parents and players could pass a polygraph test if asked " did anyone from Riverdale ever mention to you about playing for Riverdale? "

Congratulations to SH on the number 1 ranking.  While I am aware of the history at Riverdale, to suggest that SH somehow does not deserve consideration is ridiculous. Yes, they have finished as the runner-up the past two seasons to Riverdale.  But this year SH is still undefeated and Riverdale doesn't quite have the team they had last year in my opinion. I think SH might be better this year than last. This will likely be settled come tournament time, but right now SH deserves to be ranked where they are.  Just my two cents...