Moore County

Footballfan27

It will be a shame if Jeremy (Pudge) Austin is not hired for this head coaching spot.  He is a local guy who coached under Kenny Parker at Cascade as a defensive coordinator and held the same position last year at Moore County.  He carried their softball program to new heights last year leading them to their first State Tournament.  The guy is so much the obvious pick here its unbelievable!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a shame if Jeremy (Pudge) Austin is not hired for this head coaching spot.  He is a local guy who coached under Kenny Parker at Cascade as a defensive coordinator and held the same position last year at Moore County.  He carried their softball program to new heights last year leading them to their first State Tournament.  The guy is so much the obvious pick here its unbelievable!!

Would he coach football and softball?

Is anyone on current staff been a HC in the past? If so could they be promoted?

Does one have to have HC experience to be a HC? Its nice if they

have had success but most of them already have jobs. I see no difference in hiring a proven assistant over a known mediocre HC. JMO.

Edited by nitetrain

Moore county is in great hands with coach Austin, coach price and coach king.  I have never seen a group of kids that would work harder or give more.  The administration, parents and community are incredibly supportive and their tradition in football will only continue to grow.  I hope coach Austin gets the head job, he has worked long and hard and has earned the respect of the kids who kill themselves to make him happy! good luck raiders and coach luck coach Austin!

Would he coach football and softball?

It's hard to do with Spring Practice.  I've seen some pull double duty as an assistant at one or the other while head coach of the other.  My guess is he'd probably stick around as an assistant with the softball if he took the head football job, but who knows.  Coach Grider did both at South Pitt for a season or two.