Region 1 finals predictions

newcoach215

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough year to make picks in Region 1 AAA, but i will humor you Newcoach. Some of these weights are really a toss up with no clear favorites.

106 - Nelson (THS) vs. Bynum (DC) 

113 - Blanco (JC) vs. Fuller (THS)

120 - Messer (DC) vs. Collins (JC)

126 - Hurley (THS) vs. Hudgins (SH)

132 - Vaughn (SH) vs. Pendley (THS)

138 - Williams (ME) vs. Lane (SH)

145 - Bagley (SH) vs. Jeffers (DB)

152 - Rolston (SH) vs. Frye (DB)

160 - Begley (DB) vs. Broyles (MW)

170 - English (JC) vs. Spangler (THS)

182 - Estes (VOL) vs. Nguyen (SH)

195 - Bagley (SH) vs. Latham (JC)

220 - Edwards (THS) vs. Foster (DB)

285 - Townsend (JC) vs. Cash (VOL)

Baller knows more about Region 1 (A/AA and AAA) than probably any coach in the region! Dude is a human stat book!... I still think you should be doing the A/AA state rankings by the way.

Not saying that things don't and won't change by the time Region tournament hits, but here are couple pieces of insight relating to your projections I know simply because they're about my kids:

113: Austin (SH) beat Fuller (TN) Tuesday 10-9. Should be another exciting battle in the semis. Blanco will be hard to beat at 113 if he can stay in shape!

120: Yother (SH) has beaten Collins (JC) twice.

126 & 132 projected finals was seen on Tuesday night with Hurley (TN) and Vaughn (SH) coming out on top in their first meetings. Hurley won 3-1 and Vaughn 6-2.

145 & 152 have potential to be seen tonight at The Hill.

170 will be interesting to see how the seeding works. Spangler should no doubt have #1 seed, but 2-4 will take some deciphering. Hardin (SH) and English (JC) are 1-1 with English catching Hardin (SH) in a cradle early in the tournament at Knox Catholic and Hardin getting it back the next day defeating English 15-1 for 3rd place. English and Dean (DB) have not yet wrestled, but may next Tuesday which could help straighten it out a bit.

Baller, I hate that we will not be sharing the gym with you all this year. Of course, I wish the best to our old Region One crew in the new A/AA Region! Keep us updated.

Baller knows more about Region 1 (A/AA and AAA) than probably any coach in the region! Dude is a human stat book!... I still think you should be doing the A/AA state rankings by the way.

Not saying that things don't and won't change by the time Region tournament hits, but here are couple pieces of insight relating to your projections I know simply because they're about my kids:

113: Austin (SH) beat Fuller (TN) Tuesday 10-9. Should be another exciting battle in the semis. Blanco will be hard to beat at 113 if he can stay in shape!

120: Yother (SH) has beaten Collins (JC) twice.

126 & 132 projected finals was seen on Tuesday night with Hurley (TN) and Vaughn (SH) coming out on top in their first meetings. Hurley won 3-1 and Vaughn 6-2.

145 & 152 have potential to be seen tonight at The Hill.

170 will be interesting to see how the seeding works. Spangler should no doubt have #1 seed, but 2-4 will take some deciphering. Hardin (SH) and English (JC) are 1-1 with English catching Hardin (SH) in a cradle early in the tournament at Knox Catholic and Hardin getting it back the next day defeating English 15-1 for 3rd place. English and Dean (DB) have not yet wrestled, but may next Tuesday which could help straighten it out a bit.

Baller, I hate that we will not be sharing the gym with you all this year. Of course, I wish the best to our old Region One crew in the new A/AA Region! Keep us updated.

results of the match with DB kinggreen?

results of the match with DB kinggreen?

Sci hill 40 -27 over DB. 152 Austin Frye did great job takedown at will... 145 Austin Bagley and Jeffers 2-0 Austin won - never a spot of trouble Jeffers wrestled the entire match with hands clinched under his belly to not get turned.  Jeffers did ride well for his top period in the 3rd, but never in doubt or close to an offensive move.  Begley DB got a forfeit at 170, Williams SH at 106 got a forfeit, Bagley 195 pinned his kid in first,

the 182 match ended up close due to conditioning DB held on to win that narrow decision.  Ref stopped match heading into 3rd for injury time cause DB -  called for injury time as he was dead exhausted and said he needed to throw up, not faulting anyone but have not seen a stoppage for that reason ever before.  Got plenty of water and time standing over the can - could be he has the flu or something maybe, no ill will I hope he feels better sincerely.  The rest of the matches went as expected no surprises

Region 1 A/AA dual finals will be hosted by Greeneville Thursday night.

First Round:

Greeneville vs. Happy Valley

Sullivan East vs. West Greene

Winners of the first round face off for that one spot to state.

West Greene, by the schedule on Track, travels to Sullivan East tonight for a dual. Should be a good preview for Thursday nights first round. Greeneville defeated West Greene last night 66-18.

AAA Region duals prediction

The Hill vs MoEast-The Hill-Should be a dominate win for the Hilltoppers

DB vs Jefferson-Jefferson-This will be close and it will be Jefferson scoring bonus points in the lower weights

Science Hill is my pick to win... again. Should be a 20 point spread between the hilltoppers and jefferson.

Also I just thought I'd talk a little abou the 138 pound weightclass. Its looking pretty tought this season. I could see Williams(ME), Lane(SH), Allen(DB), and Spoon(MW) making a case to be in the final. The thing about both Williams and Spoon is you never know how theyre going to wrestle that day. They could beat the best guy in the gym by a point and then lose the very next match to someone nowhere near their caliber. If they are both on their A-game expect a very interesting semi-final at the region tournament.

Edited by newcoach215