Clarksville High & Clarksville-Northwest Coaching Openings

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not From Tennessee but I have lived here for over 20 years since I met my wife and she is from Clarksville, I'm just wondering why isn't Clarksville football really respected or talked highly of. I live in the Metro Nashville area and I hear coaches speak down of Clarksville football, I hear it's cause the lack of community involvement in some schools, the ability to get coaches in the building which leads to administration working with coaches, and the stipends . Is all this true and is there possibly a change coming soon?

I thought that Northwest hired Bryan Johnson as it's principal?  He was a very good football coach who jumped into adminsitration at a very early age.  He has been pipelined into adm in fast track fashion.  If there is any principal in Clarksville who wants to succeed at sports..........it would be Johnson.

Been told he doesn't allow the coaches to coach and is always in their business when it comes to x and o's.

Clarksville schools don't care about sports.  They are at a huge disadvantage because the administration doesnt care if you win.  As long as you arent causing problems they will leave you alone.  The coaching pay is terrible.  They don't have any fieldhouses except at Clarksville High.  They don't have an athletic period during the school day.  Hard to compete when you are strictly reling on athletes to win.  If the Clarksville schools started doing what many other schools do with coaching pay, fieldhouses, athletic period, administrative support...they could dominate in 5A because they already have a huge pool of kids to choose from.  This is never going to happen though.

Clarksville schools don't care about sports. They are at a huge disadvantage because the administration doesnt care if you win. As long as you arent causing problems they will leave you alone. The coaching pay is terrible. They don't have any fieldhouses except at Clarksville High. They don't have an athletic period during the school day. Hard to compete when you are strictly reling on athletes to win. If the Clarksville schools started doing what many other schools do with coaching pay, fieldhouses, athletic period, administrative support...they could dominate in 5A because they already have a huge pool of kids to choose from. This is never going to happen though.

Do they still not have middle school football?

Vernon Wright has been named Northwest High’s new head football coach, the school announced.

Wright replaces Chris Austin, who resigned on Jan. 9 after two seasons. Austin was 2-18 in his tenure as the Northwest head football coach.

Wright played college football at Austin Peay and also worked as a graduate assistant. He joined Northwest’s football coaching staff prior to the start of the 2013 season.