Things You Don't Know About Riverdale Girls Basketball

WarriorFan

Thank you for asking. If you read thru the threads, it seems to eventually go towards some posters calling the program cheats because of their success. Just do a search in the girls forum. Most any thread regarding top teams in AAA or the AP top 10, or threads posters do like New Riverdale Recruiting Class.....people are jealous of the program and talk trash. The program is clean....about as clean as you can get. The

purpose here is to show what most don't know about the program and it's fans who support it. I have been in stands where some of the worst people in the gym are the fans...this is not the case with this school. The negative talk towards the Riverdale girls basketball just gets old.

You said some of you had been in the stands where some of the worst people in the gym are the fans. Just wondering who else in the gym would be worse or better people. Most people in the gym are fans. You have the teams the coaches maybe some security maybe a scout and media.

Thank you for asking.  If you read thru the threads, it seems to eventually go towards some posters calling the program cheats because of their success.  Just do a search in the girls forum.  Most any thread regarding top teams in AAA or the AP top 10, or threads posters do like New Riverdale Recruiting Class.....people are jealous of the program and talk trash.  The program is clean....about as clean as you can get.  The purpose here is to show what most don't know about the program and it's fans who support it.  I have been in stands where some of the worst people in the gym are the fans...this is not the case with this school.  The negative talk towards the Riverdale girls basketball just gets old.

I think what your program does is great but you got to understand if your one the best the things you are experiencing goes with it.  There are a lot of teams that will never win a state title or even make it to state.  My advice to you is be grateful for your teams accomplishments and do not worry about the rest.

I just think it's creepy that you are twitter stalking kids of their program and putting up their posts. Sick. Get a life fella.

TopperCrazy (a jealous Science Hill parent, fan and forum troll)....obviously you do not know how twitter works with retweets and hashtags.  To break it down in to simple nursery school/kindergarten terms maybe you can understand (btw....immature, childish adults tend to use the word "creepy" to try to fit in with a younger crowd which is sick in itself....take your own advice and get a life and quit talking like you are a teenager...you have to be at least in your 40's-50's), twitter posts are retweeted by coaches, sports websites, sportswriters at newspapers, radio stations websites, faculty, administration, teachers, principals, friends, fans, pastors, AAU coaches, parents, siblings, etc.  Hundreds if not thousands of people read it....it is much bigger than a forum board and you dont have to stalk anyone to read it because it just shows up in your twitter newsfeed if the post was retweeted by one of your twitter friends.  It came across my twitter feed from an ADULT person (affiliated with the school) whom we both follow each other, and it had been retweeted multiple times.  It was a very insightful and thoughtful post, and deserved to be retweeted because it complimented the Riverdale program.  Tweets have a life of their own.  I mindfully deleted the name in the tweet before posting here to take care of privacy.  I did not know who the player was that did the tweet, nor do I now....nor do I follow them OR care to follow them.  Again...it is called a "retweet".  It is social media and meant to be read and retweeted (redistributed for others to read) if someone thinks the tweet is noteworthy....that is why it is out there in the public.  The originator of the tweet put it out there for people to read on a public social media tool.  Learn the aspects of Twitter before you make ignorant statements like that.  This board has no place for those kinds of comments.

Edited by WarriorFan

Look dude I wasn't gonna comment until your last post. People aren't jealous just fed up. It happened at shelbyville and riverdale before. Remember their 2 year penalty. They have just gotten smarter. As for the players, NO ONE has said anything about type of players their program has, just how they ended up there. Everyone questions the adults in charge. This whole post has the feeling of oooops I have been caught with my hand in the cookie so I'm overreacting. Trying to shift the focus. It's all good man.

No shift of focus...just there is much more to the program than all the negative talk about it.  Lots of good to it.  I'm just trying to figure out how you mean "how they ended up there"....the parents just moved to the zone and the kids went.  Who wouldn't want to play for a program like that.  Makes total sense to me.  The TSSAA seems to have no problem either.  Appears to be a clean program.  Until someone can bring concrete evidence cheating happens in that program out in the open, then they are innocent.  Riverdale has to always walk a fine line because people scrutinize them.  I can assure you it is not worth the coaches  or the AD's or the Principals job to violate the TSSAA rules.  No one would want that on their employment record or to be fired for cheating.  The risk is not worth the supposed "reward".  

Edited by WarriorFan

You said some of you had been in the stands where some of the worst people in the gym are the fans. Just wondering who else in the gym would be worse or better people. Most people in the gym are fans. You have the teams the coaches maybe some security maybe a scout and media.

Sorry for not being clear....I meant the worst acting.  I allude that to games I have seen in many gyms that dont have anything to do with Riverdale or their games....Im talking about games in general...we have all seen hundreds, Im sure where parents and fans act horrible.

I saw a situation at a state championship game years ago where parents of a "christian" school came in belligerent and had obviously been drinking heavily at dinner before the game.  There was a grandmother in the stands who was doing good to walk.  The opposing team parents came in and got in front of the woman (I have no relation to or did I know her) and wouldn't sit down for the whole first quarter.  I went and told them the situation with the grandmother of a player (who now plays in the NBA) and how she could not stand to see.  They said that since they now knew she was for the other team, they definitely weren't sitting down.  The mothers intentionally stood in front of her and made sure she couldn't see her grandson and acted horrible.  It was the worst behavior I have ever seen from parents.  The ushers did nothing to help the situation.  It was really sad.  As Karma had it.....the grandma's team beat the drunk parents team...  :D

This is just one example of parents/fans acting horrible in stands....I could write a book on what I have seen over the years.....but I am sure you guys can too.

Edited by WarriorFan

Who wouldn't want to play there, maybe ones who realize they can earn scholarships at their original school (primarily through AAU) and can do so by playing with their friends, attending school with the same people.

Yes, Indian, you are right.  Scholarships are primarily earned through AAU, but it doesn't hurt to be a part of a nationally recognized HS program either.  There is nothing wrong though, with going to a school with the same friends you went to school with since elementary school and playing ball together.  There are so many ways to skin a cat.  

Edited by WarriorFan

I think what your program does is great but you got to understand if your one the best the things you are experiencing goes with it.  There are a lot of teams that will never win a state title or even make it to state.  My advice to you is be grateful for your teams accomplishments and do not worry about the rest.

Cannonpride, you are right.  Sad though that when folks teams cannot win, then they get on message boards and accuse winning teams of cheating when they cannot bring one drop of concrete evidence.

Gotta assume you are a Cannon Co fan.  You guys have a great team that I expect to see at the State Tournament!  I have watched them play several times this year.  Looking forward to seeing Sissom at MTSU next year.

Edited by WarriorFan

With Blackman, Columbia, Oakland and others playing well this year Riverdale may end up in Murfreesboro at their houses. Not the glass house. The ball may bounce differently than in the past 2 years. Just a thought....The Transfer Train might be changing stations to Blackman or Oakland junctions. :)

Actually I went to western Kentucky for media relations. So that's where the topper comes from. I then took a job in Tennessee . As a media person, I did some checking through connections in your area, doesn't t$$aa have an alley working for them? Isn't alley on your team? Btw I have no team, I watch games from All over 3 states so. Nice charting with you sir or mam.

Actually I went to western Kentucky for media relations. So that's where the topper comes from. I then took a job in Tennessee . As a media person, I did some checking through connections in your area, doesn't t$$aa have an alley working for them? Isn't alley on your team? Btw I have no team, I watch games from All over 3 states so. Nice charting with you sir or mam.

yeah.....the majority of your posts magically seem to be about SH....western ky "hilltoppers"...science hill "hilltoppers".....hmmmm. For someone who has a degree in media relations and WORKS in media relations...I am baffled you don't understand twitter better. Most companies who hire media relations experts have social media platforms that folks in your shoes manage....that is a part of "media relations"...

TopperCrazy....coacht is a whole website forum concentrated 99% on high school sports, primarily in TN. There are over 185,000 SEPARATE threads of separate topics on high school sports just in the state of TN, and over 2.65 MILLION replies from fans. CoachT is a website with forums just like many other websites around the country geared to high school sports. People love to talk about their favorite team and what is going on around the state. My guesstimate is the average person who is on coacht is a mid 40's male who also keeps up with local teams. If you think it is as the teenage word you use "creepy" to post a twitter post geared toward high school sports complimenting another team by an opposing player, then maybe you need to find another forum to troll. Again, that is what CoachT was built to do....talk about what is going on in high school sports. I see you have about 30 posts and came on in Oct 2013. I have been on coacht since 2002. I have never received a response like the one you put out. It was uncalled for to say the least.

Edited by WarriorFan

With Blackman, Columbia, Oakland and others playing well this year Riverdale may end up in Murfreesboro at their houses. Not the glass house. The ball may bounce differently than in the past 2 years. Just a thought....The Transfer Train might be changing stations to Blackman or Oakland junctions. :)

All good programs with great folks. The city of Murfreesboro is a wonderful place to raise a family. I wouldn't blame a family moving to the Boro.