Baylor-McCallie and what else?

oldster

If you knew the history of this program, you wouldn't implicate this having any baring today but a Ryan positive.

I know more about the program than you think being that I have 3 rings from cleveland. Nor am I talking ryan down cuz everyone knows they are good especially this time of yr. Just in my opinion I think cleveland wins in a tough one. But its irrelevant because they wont wrestle again this yr. Just saying you gave your opinion and I gave mine

Edited by fooseball96

Agreed, in part.

Bearing,,, excuse me and my HTC1 :)

I appreciate the way Cleveland peaked last year and one of the most improved teams I've seen to my memory. Ryan improved more quickly in my opinion this year after beating WC at Christmas time.

I actually believe Ryan loses to WC if the 840 school would have attended the Cleveland duals earlier in the month. Given all of that, Ruan is a tough for as ever today.

I swear, there could be a thread about growing radishes and some people on this board would work Father Ryan into the conversation.  "Father Ryan grows good radishes in January, but in February their radishes are unbeatable."

Well said but I would have to say Baylor comes up as much as Father Ryan. The reason keep bringing up Father Ryan is because right now they are the "best" team in the state. And Baylor is to be considered the second best team (I know Murphy was hurt but so was Eli King). And everyone knows that McCallie won't beat Baylor it hasn't happened in years (2006 state duels). As team McCallie hasn’t even outscored Baylor in a tournament in years (except the 2010 McCallie invitational but three Baylor state finalists were out). I think a few years ago Baylor outscored McCallie 52-6 in a duel, that’s embarrassing and they are supposed to be rivals. In recent years this has been a very lopsided rivalry (I know there were some close ones here and there I.E. last year’s state duels). They don’t have a sellout crowd anymore because people know McCallie always finds a way to lose to Baylor (ever since getting the death penalty). And that is why people bring up Father Ryan because they will bring a better match then a Baylor/McCallie match. It’s the same with Father Ryan when they wrestle MBA this weekend no one cares about it anymore because everyone knows MBA will get killed by Father Ryan instead everyone in the Father Ryan crowd is talking about Baylor and the State tournament. Traditionally speaking the two best teams in the state are Baylor and Father Ryan and they will always be intermingled when talking about one or the other.

• Upvote 2

Well said but I would have to say Baylor comes up as much as Father Ryan. The reason keep bringing up Father Ryan is because right now they are the "best" team in the state. And Baylor is to be considered the second best team (I know Murphy was hurt but so was Eli King). And everyone knows that McCallie won't beat Baylor it hasn't happened in years (2006 state duels). As team McCallie hasn’t even outscored Baylor in a tournament in years (except the 2010 McCallie invitational but three Baylor state finalists were out). I think a few years ago Baylor outscored McCallie 52-6 in a duel, that’s embarrassing and they are supposed to be rivals. In recent years this has been a very lopsided rivalry (I know there were some close ones here and there I.E. last year’s state duels). They don’t have a sellout crowd anymore because people know McCallie always finds a way to lose to Baylor (ever since getting the death penalty). And that is why people bring up Father Ryan because they will bring a better match then a Baylor/McCallie match. It’s the same with Father Ryan when they wrestle MBA this weekend no one cares about it anymore because everyone knows MBA will get killed by Father Ryan instead everyone in the Father Ryan crowd is talking about Baylor and the State tournament. Traditionally speaking the two best teams in the state are Baylor and Father Ryan and they will always be intermingled when talking about one or the other.

Well put mustachiomenace, McCallie will always find a way to lose this dual meet.

• Upvote 1

I swear, there could be a thread about growing radishes and some people on this board would work Father Ryan into the conversation.  "Father Ryan grows good radishes in January, but in February their radishes are unbeatable."

Couldn't have said it better!

Cleveland wins the majority of matches and the majority of bonus points no matter what month it is. To be the best you have to beat the best, that's probably why they are ranked #2 and not #1.

Even if that is the case in recent years McCallie has had many years of outstanding wrestlers. Like first 5-time Tennessee State champ T.J. Duncan and NCAA All-American Cody Cleveland just to name a few. And if you were watching the match last year it was clearly a call in where McCallie got hosed by the referee. I think that Baylor will overlook McCallie and McCallie will win by six. Because in the head to head match ups McCallie gave Father Ryan a better match then Baylor did. But it will be a barn burner that I won't miss.