2014 AA East Sectional-Best Team left and why

kazam37

Here is who is left in the Girls Bracket:

Grace Christian vs. Rockwood

Rush Strong vs. Wartburg

Chuckey Doak vs. Oneida

Oliver Springs vs. Happy Valley

Who is going to win it?  I think their are about 5 legitimate contenders.  CD won it last year, are they strong enough to do it again?  Some of the teams left have some depth issues, but you only have to play five.  Two games tonight should both be good match-ups.....I'm guessing GCA by 4 and RS by 5.  If Oneida can get past the Lady Black Knights, they could do some damage.  Thought Wartburg was impressive in their opener, but RS is good ball club.

:thumb: Kazaanity :thumb:

Plus.....does anyone have any insight on the various teams still left.  Getting any info anywhere is very difficult because of distance between schools.  I've seen Rockwood, Grace, Oneida, Oliver Springs and Rush Strong play which is why I think the tournament could be wide open.  Any of those teams can get it going if they play well.  No idea about CD or HV......anyone care to share on those two? :thumb:  Won't make much difference, either way, as most teams games are way too close to occurring to impact the game anyways!  Good Lck to all.

Kazzy :o

I know nothing about New Center. I have never heard of the school til now. We have done really good all season and hope that continues. Looking forward to watching our girls play tomorrow night. I can't find any scores anywhere online. O. S. is the only team left from area 4aa. Our girls have alot of heart and really want to win.

Both lost by about 4....can't remember the exact score of either game.  The Lady Indians trailed throughout but made a pretty determined bid in the end.  Chuckey Doak has a loaded team with good size and shooting ability.  Oneida countered with guard speed and the big post in the middle.  The game was a one possession game near the end with Oneida unable to make a play to catch them.  Interesting little side note.....at one point last night the Lady Indians had 4 sixth graders and a seventh grader in the game.  Chuckey Doak is very good....it would surprise me if they don't win the thing.

Oneida's boys stayed right with Holston.  I don't remember the lead for either team being more than 7 or 8 points.  Very see saw game, where neither team seem to get control.  The refs made it fun to watch though.

Kazz

OS  will have to play well to beat CD.  The guards are smart and the posts are all long and athletic.  They are also patient on offense.  They tried to press Oneida but had very little success with it as the Indian guards appeared to be too quick.  Given 2 more minutes it is possible the Lady Indians could have caught them.  They were playing much harder in the end, but their inexperience with the younger ones ultimately got'em.  OS will have to shoot it well and if you don't get the boards they will get killed there.  CD had about 14 or 16 second chance points which was a big factor in the outcome.  Oneida goes away with an 18 and 7 record which is pretty fair considering the number of 6th graders they played this year....they gonna be fast and smaller next year with one or two bigs returning too.

Kazzalooney