Class AAA State Tournament Picks

MtJBears

It may not be Riverdale that advances you can't dismiss Columbia and as far as BLACKMAN not beating Riverdale 3 times, last year Riverdale beat Blackman 3 times maybe 4 but this time of year you can never measure the heart of who wants it more so anything can happen and I'm sure alot of people feel confident in their chances with 3 of the top teams cancelling each other out but that is the set up same as in boys football.

I agree Columbia is more than capable of beating Riverdale and beating Blackman as well. I just picked Riverdale to advance over Columbia. Columbia does hold a win earlier over Riverdale and also took Blackman to the wire losing by 2 points. Its just the way the draw falls that these 3 teams are all in the same bracket. Without any doubt this is the strongiest Region in the State. Anyone of these 3 teams are capable of winning the State Tournament.

To be honest this Region Tournament could be stronger than the State Tournament.

The way the system is set up there will always be teams left out of the State that could compete and win it. The area of power in the state switches as time passes by. Middle Tennessee seems to be always strong. But the shift of power can change depending on the level of talent that is developed in that area. For 20 plus years Shelbyville was the dominate team because they had a great coach that developed talent. Who knows what the future holds. Should be exciting to see how things work work for this year's tournament.

I love the guards for Oakland as well. I just think playing on the road will be a big disadvantage.

Bradley has been on a roll and appears to be a team to be reckoned with.

I will say this. There is one team I feel can derail Blackman and that is Riverdale.

Some people forget the first time they played at Blackman all Riverdale had to do to win the game was for Brandy Alley to make one pass to a wide open Davenport standing under the goal in the last few seconds. Give Blackman credit for hanging on. But I am very concerned about Riverdale. I've always heard its hard to beat a good team 3 times. Just ask White County and Clarkrange. Both those teams failed in their attempt to take a 3rd victory from a very good opponent.

Bradley Central's District is pretty weak this year, and they're not near as good at guard play as they have been the past couple of years. I think they'll be in the Region Championship game, but may have a hard time winning it. I just don't see the Bearettes going beyond substate since they'll be playing a team from the Murfreesboro area.

Riverdale beats Columbia. UP NEXT ..... Blackman vs. Riverdale. Get your popcorn ready cause this is going to be a hum dinger. Since all the District 7-AAA teams won will not the semifinals now be played at Siegel?

I think playing the game in Murfreesboro is great. Both student bodies will turn out to support their team. I would think the gym will be overflowing with fans. This is what high school tournaments are about.

Riverdale beats Columbia. UP NEXT ..... Blackman vs. Riverdale. Get your popcorn ready cause this is going to be a hum dinger. Since all the District 7-AAA teams won will not the semifinals now be played at Siegel?

I think playing the game in Murfreesboro is great. Both student bodies will turn out to support their team. I would think the gym will be overflowing with fans. This is what high school tournaments are about.

Yes, the semifinals will be at Siegel. Oakland-Smyrna at 6, Blackman-Riverdale to follow. It will be a great night of basketball

I love the guards for Oakland as well. I just think playing on the road will be a big disadvantage.

Bradley has been on a roll and appears to be a team to be reckoned with.

I will say this. There is one team I feel can derail Blackman and that is Riverdale.

Some people forget the first time they played at Blackman all Riverdale had to do to win the game was for Brandy Alley to make one pass to a wide open Davenport standing under the goal in the last few seconds. Give Blackman credit for hanging on. But I am very concerned about Riverdale. I've always heard its hard to beat a good team 3 times. Just ask White County and Clarkrange. Both those teams failed in their attempt to take a 3rd victory from a very good opponent.

I was at that game, and I don't believe that one play cost Riverdale the game.  The were more than seconds left on the clock, and Riverdale had the chance to score again.

• Upvote 1

I was at the first Blackman- Riverdale game won by Blackman by 1 point. The play I am referring to there was 12 seconds left to go in the game. Alley had the ball close to the Riverdale bench on that sideline. She was pressured by 2 Blackman defenders. It was obvious that a pass from Alley to Davenport standing alone under the basket would have given Riverdale a 1 point lead and there would have been around 8 seconds left in the game. Blackman could have called time out and set up a play. As we all know Barrett called time out and Riverdale did not score and Blackman won the game. My statement was and is RIVERDALE had a golden oppurunity to win the game. They didn't. And Blackman won. I do believe that play was cruitial to the out come of the game.