State Brackets are out

baller95

Reft was mocking Region 4, if my eyes aren't deceiving me, it looks like in every 1A-AA bracket a wrestler can win 1 match and be a state medalist. Who came up with this wonderful idea? If you can sit there and basically say qualifying for state out of Region 4 is a joke, what's your opinion of the A-AA state tournament. I'd like to know how it measures up to your level of standards, be honest.

It easy to be negative with all the TSSAA changes, but here are a couple of facts (numbers to ponder)-

-this weekend the total number of qualifying wrestlers to the State- 746 (620 public, 448 AAA vs 172 A-AA & 126 private)

-in 1993 the total was 384 period

-with D-2 regions now, privates lost 98 wrestlers from last year (7 spots/wt), while publics picked up 172 (new A-AA)

-no respect of returning place winners in D-2 was given (Elisha Oliver seeded 2nd-2x state champ and Fargo champ, arguably the state's best wrestler)

It easy to be negative with all the TSSAA changes, but here are a couple of facts (numbers to ponder)-

-this weekend the total number of qualifying wrestlers to the State- 746 (620 public, 448 AAA vs 172 A-AA & 126 private)

-in 1993 the total was 384 period

-with D-2 regions now, privates lost 98 wrestlers from last year (7 spots/wt), while publics picked up 172 (new A-AA)

-no respect of returning place winners in D-2 was given (Elisha Oliver seeded 2nd-2x state champ and Fargo champ, arguably the state's best wrestler)

D-II wrestlers are not seeded    top guy in west  goes to the bottom half of the bracket

Brackets are a complete joke again this year.

I've got a great idea to help the T$$AA make some more cash. How about a live stream of this 'random blind draw'. I'm sure a lot of people would pay to see the process live.

Too many uneven lop-sided brackets again this year.

126 Wilkins and Debien second round . Providing they both win their first round.  Really, Yall were right no rhyme or reason. 2 losses in state all year beat ranked wrestlers. Lost to Dickenson 2 times. The number 2 ranked wrestler and get thrown to Debien that quick. I guess itll be the hard way to get a medal at all.

126 Wilkins and Debien second round . Providing they both win their first round. Really, Yall were right no rhyme or reason. 2 losses in state all year beat ranked wrestlers. Lost to Dickenson 2 times. The number 2 ranked wrestler and get thrown to Debien that quick. I guess itll be the hard way to get a medal at all.

I agree, and Debien made Dickenson look pretty bad a couple weeks ago