Miss Basketball Finalist

GCPioneer

I believe it should be Alexa who wins but also lets not forget Bashaara Graves was an All American and people thought she was a shoe in but Shacobia won I just think there are so many great players in TN that its an honor to be recognized and some will be left out like a Brooke Copeland I know her team is having a tough year but it in no way diminishes the great impact player she is and I know she will do great things at Florida and I will be watching and rooting her on.

22 - 5 record lost to the 2 time defending State Champ by 2 points and Brooke had 28 and 15.

I've never liked the Mr. This and Misses That or "best of preps"especially when it involves a team sport…all it does is add disention with teammates to what should be a team sport.  How on earth could anyone ever legitamatley measure any of this….E=MC squared kinda stuff. If you want an individual award run track or play golf or chess.  Otherwise..this is all nonsense designed to make money for charletons like those clowns at the TSSAA.  Anybody want a six figure job…I heard the Association is hiring.

Edited by airstrip1

What specifically is a joke about Single A?

Level of play?

Finalists?

Is there anyone in mind from Chattanooga area you feel was unjustly left off? Brooke Copeland from Bradley Central is the best player in Chattanooga area & I'm not sure that she should have been in top 3 for AAA. all 3 AAA girls are really Outstanding.

Of course really good players are left off. There are only 3 finalists in each class.

Brooke Copeland should have been nominated in AAA for sure, she is a DIV1 signee McDonalds All American nominee, female athlete of the year in the area and her stats are way better than all nominees in all categories besides assists including Middleton. Alexa Middleton of course should be nominated and should get it but the others?

• Upvote 1

I've never liked the Mr. This and Misses That or "best of preps"especially when it involves a team sport…all it does is add disention with teammates to what should be a team sport.  How on earth could anyone ever legitamatley measure any of this….E=MC squared kinda stuff. If you want an individual award run track or play golf or chess.  Otherwise..this is all nonsense designed to make money for charletons like those clowns at the TSSAA.  Anybody want a six figure job…I heard the Association is hiring.

Sounds like someone you kow or support did not win.

Players know who is the best on the team.  The fans, parents, cousins, in-laws and friends are the ones that think their "player" is the best.   All District, All Region, All Tournament, Mr & Miss Whatever sport, best of Preps, etc.  They are all Team awards.  One person may get nominated and actually win but the whole team wins the award.  Without the team, the person would not be in the position to be nominated. 

Everyone thinks "their" person should be nominated. It's a great honor to be in the final three, but there is not a lot of difference in most of the top 10. Most all have unbelievable stats, signed D1, are McDonald's finalists, and have had great careers. I sure wish Brooke would have made it, but not making the final three should take nothing away from all her accomplishments. Bradley has had some great players in the past and only four finalists and only one winner. But those that didn't make finalist were still great players. She will have a great future and hopefully will still be playing this time next week.

Every team sport has individual awards. Just how does the tssaa make money off of this? Lol

Brooke Copeland should have been nominated in AAA for sure, she is a DIV1 signee McDonalds All American nominee, female athlete of the year in the area and her stats are way better than all nominees in all categories besides assists including Middleton. Alexa Middleton of course should be nominated and should get it but the others?

Brooke's stats would be impressive if she built them playing better teams. The second best team in Bradley's district had a losing record. Their district and region has been weak for years and Bradley still has only one state appearance and lost the first game.

TSSAA doesn't make money off the award. They spend money. Each finalist gets nice goodies and huge plaques. It is a very nice award, and I am glad they give it. However if it is given to the best player, why does football give so many different ones.

Because there are so many positions. A completely different set of statistics are used. I know in basketball different stats are used as well and point guards will probably get more assists and fewer blocks than say a girl in the post would get. However, in football players are judged by a completely different set of statistics. Offensive players can't be judged on tackles or interceptions while defensive players can't be judged based on rushing or passing yards. You can sort of generalize a miss or me basketball finalist because all players in the court play defense and offense. Football isn't so cut and dry. If you only give one award to a football player what are you going to primarily judge them on...

Brooke's stats would be impressive if she built them playing better teams. The second best team in Bradley's district had a losing record. Their district and region has been weak for years and Bradley still has only one state appearance and lost the first game.

Bradley lost to Riverdale by 7 & beat teams like Baylor (twice), Cookeville, Knox Webb, Oak Ridge, Walker Valley & a couple of ranked South Carolina teams this year, so it's not like they scheduled cupcakes.

My understating is that Miss Basketball is based on stats for this year; so previous state appearances & your opinion on their district having historically weak teams is completely irrelevant (and also not true - Walker Valley went to Murfreesboro 4-5 years ago).

I haven't seen all the girls that were nominated, so I don't know for sure that Brooke should have been final three or not, but if there are 3 better, then they are very special players. I do know that there are a handful of kids that are left out & that's just part of it. Congrats to all who were nominated.