tssaa state medals are a joke. I cant believe what I saw last night.

fooseball96

I'm not condemning any option, posting rants about how TSSAA

has slighted the kids in this forum is not an option.  Approaching

them (TSSAA) and discussing it in an appropriate manner may help?

The medals are cheap.  They have always been cheap.

In response to longbeard, your logic has me confused. . .

So your saying that because you paid, you now think you have a right

to dictate the size and quality of award the wrestlers receive because

the building is free?

But if they let you in free, you don't care?

Not at all... I didint pay this year only because i was unable to attend. I believe the awards should be better regardless of how  much the facility cost to rent. Only making the observation that it cant be a money issue concerning the size or nature of the awards.  I will admitt however that i would have paid had i of been able to attend because wrestling is great......

If the event was free admission and free parking.... folks wouldnt have such a hang up with the size of the medals I dont believe. When all those people are spending $50 in 3 days to watch then a portion of those proceeds should absolutely go to finer awards.  The building is free...lets be real

Sorry, I misunderstood the above statements?

Not at all... I didint pay this year only because i was unable to attend. I believe the awards should be better regardless of how  much the facility cost to rent. Only making the observation that it cant be a money issue concerning the size or nature of the awards.  I will admitt however that i would have paid had i of been able to attend because wrestling is great......

I don't know if it is a money issue.  These awards have been this size for as long

as I can remember. We are talking about 300 plus or minus awards.  They (TSSAA)

could spend more, but how much, and where do you stop?  Do all sports deserve better?

Who's to say? >>>>>>>>> TSSAA

I guess people don't get it?  Medals are not the only expense that TSSAA has to pay.

Good luck to all in changing the award size and quality.  Maybe this thread will help

you get organized and energized for this endeavor.

HSDAD it don't look like you're getting anywhere with your "size doesn't matter" argument. Hopefully you've had better luck convincing the ladies.

Size does matter in today's society.

Bigger houses

Bigger bank accounts

bigger cars

bigger boats

bigger tv's

bigger speakers

bigger fast food combos

bigger muscles

bigger trophies

bigger medals

Why exactly do you oppose an upgrade to the state medals?

Improvements are great. Medal size has nothing to do with the sport growing! I made no

statement that would slow the growth of the sport. We are talking about medal size here

guys. Not Olympic medals, not why the event is held at the Ag center. If the medal doesn't

mean anything to you, then throw it out.

I know of at least 8 kids at my high school that quit wrestling because the size of the state medal wasn't big enough. I threw out all of my medals but my first one. Just saying

TSSAA is not an organization that rewards all youth with expensive awards. They provide

a safe, structured opportunity for the youth to participate in sports. Please make sure to

inform your kid that wrestling while in middle or high school is not a job.

When you stand on top of the podium, the size of what you wear around your neck does not make you smile. It's just a token of the accomplishment. In all the years that I competed

in athletic events, I never once thought about the size of the award.

Your missing the whole point. The point is that this should be the ultimate experience for our wrestlers. All aspects , tournament location, excitement, pre finals show, and awards. This tournament is taking 10 steps backwards from what they are used to. My nephew won the Aau state last year and he received a huge plaque that held his bracket, a picture and his medal. How can the Aau give out such awards when the Tssaa can't? I bet there are 3x the number of state champs in the Aau with all the age groups than in the tssaa. So how can an organization that is getting the facility for free and charging a fortune at the gate not put more effort into the product. The state finals should be a step up from anything they have experienced, not a let down. I liked the smoke and lights and wrestlers faces but it needed much more organization. They dropped the ballon everything else and it's a moment those kids will never get back.

Wow, sorry lil johnny was disappointed. Please make sure to tell TSSAA that they are disappointing the New breed of youth wrestlers in the state. With all the complaints generated about how the state is dropping the ball, ill bet participation by the quality wrestlers of the freshman and sophomore class will end. Maybe they should start their own organization where they can spend what ever they want.