Illegal Transfer

rofl

Another illegal transfer to FHS, but who's counting. The young PG who is zoned Bearden and still lives their has gotten FHS to believe she is living in the FHS zone. Probably a fake lease. Unfortunatley the state doesn't care about these things. In actuality the bigger problem is, what are we teaching our kids? The girl doesn't get the playing time she and her parents think she deserves so the parents have a choice. Do we teach her that nothing comes easy and that you have to continue to work and it will pay off, or do we say let's fake a transfer document and just go to a different school? Well those that chose the later are getting more and more prevalent. The young adults of today are going to be in for a rude awakening when they don't get their way in the workforce. Shame on you parents for taking the easy way out!!!

Another illegal transfer to FHS, but who's counting. The young PG who is zoned Bearden and still lives their has gotten FHS to believe she is living in the FHS zone. Probably a fake lease. Unfortunatley the state doesn't care about these things. In actuality the bigger problem is, what are we teaching our kids? The girl doesn't get the playing time she and her parents think she deserves so the parents have a choice. Do we teach her that nothing comes easy and that you have to continue to work and it will pay off, or do we say let's fake a transfer document and just go to a different school? Well those that chose the later are getting more and more prevalent. The young adults of today are going to be in for a rude awakening when they don't get their way in the workforce. Shame on you parents for taking the easy way out!!!

• Upvote 1

u2   you unfortunately are becoming the norm when it comes to parenting. I don't give a flip who wins the girls basketball game for goodness sake. I could care less if one girl hit 70 three pointers in the coaches face and then ran over his dog. I don't care if this child sits the bench or plays every minute. You got me all wrong.This isn't about winning. This is about teaching our children how to deal with adversity instead of running away from it. The girl doesn't live in farragut. The tssaa has pictures and documentation. Now it's in the tssaa hands. We will see what happens. Remember DON'T TEACH YOUR KIDS TO RUN FROM ADVERSITY!!!! EMBRACE IT AND BEAT IT!!

There are so many possibilities as to why a child may move. Trust me some of the best players on the state relocate because there parents want to give them the best possibilities. Plus we do live in a free country and while I respect your opinion, it does seem narrow minded.

• Upvote 1

The issue should not be why but if it was by the TSSAA rules.

I think there are 2 separate issues here. First, is it legal by TSSAA rules? Secondly, the original poster is opining that a parent shouldn't "teach their kid to run from adversity."

I am 100% in agreement with Indian with respect to the basketball side of it. All that matters is whether it complies or doesn't comply with the TSSAA rules for transfer and eligibility. 

As for the second issue, that is a matter of parenting and knowing ALL of the circumstances. Perhaps the original poster does have ALL the information. But if not, I don't see how you can assume that the reason, and only reason, was playing time. There could be any number of reasons to leave a place and go somewhere else that are sound reasons and would be GOOD parenting to get a child out of that situation. Just to illustrate the point I'll use an absurd example: What if she were in an abusive situation? Should she stay and face the adversity, or get out of the situation and deal with the adversity from a distance? (Clearly I am just using this as an example and am not asserting that anything of the sort is at issue here.) The problem is that we don't KNOW what the reason(s) were for the child transferring.

As far as the TSSAA issue, that is a matter of compliance and I fully support them taking action if the investigation finds wrong doing. As to the parenting part of it, it troubles me that 1. The OP claims to know what all the reasons are for the girl leaving (there just might be more than one, and it might have nothing to do with basketball?). 2. Asserts that there is probably a "fake lease" and then wants to lecture about teaching your kid how to act. I'll suggest teaching your kid to get all of the facts and not making accusations without proof on an anonymous message board.

I will go ahead and say that if ROFL has proof of a fake lease, and absolutely knows 100% what all the reasons were for the transfer, I'll withdraw my comments. But from a careful reading of the post, I think there is a lot of assuming going on, and the post is not written from a position of 100% knowledge of all the facts.

u2 you unfortunately are becoming the norm when it comes to parenting. I don't give a flip who wins the girls basketball game for goodness sake. I could care less if one girl hit 70 three pointers in the coaches face and then ran over his dog. I don't care if this child sits the bench or plays every minute. You got me all wrong.This isn't about winning. This is about teaching our children how to deal with adversity instead of running away from it. The girl doesn't live in farragut. The tssaa has pictures and documentation. Now it's in the tssaa hands. We will see what happens. Remember DON'T TEACH YOUR KIDS TO RUN FROM ADVERSITY!!!! EMBRACE IT AND BEAT IT!!

If this is not about winning , why do u care , she is not ur child ? Moving schools is legal , last time I checked. Really someone sent pictures to TSSAA and documentation , lol . This is so funny ! U act like it's the NBA playoffs . Listen u all had her at Bearden and we all know how that ended. This is about winning and Bearden is the team that's upset, she beat u all in district and ur upset about it . Not sure what u mean about becoming the norm when it comes to parenting , if the norm means making sure my child is happy , yeah I am the norm ! You parent ur way and let everyone else do their thing .