Science Hill loses point.guard 2 games

numnuts

Can't believe they can call anything they want and NOTHING can be done to them but a player or coach can miss to games.what if the started making them sit out 2 games if they miss a call .It seems like some of these guys come in looking to show there selfs Tonight was one of the worst calls that will cost one of the best teams going to state and nothing can be done

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe they can call anything they want and NOTHING can be done to them but a player or coach can miss to games.what if the started making them sit out 2 games if they miss a call .It seems like some of these guys come in looking to show there selfs Tonight was one of the worst calls that will cost one of the best teams going to state and nothing can be done

There are a few things you just don't do in life. You don't go golfing in a lightning storm. You don't take a bath with a toaster. You don't say yes when your wife asks "does this make me look fat?" And you don't spike the ball after you get a foul called on you when your up 40 points and then have words for the ref.

I will say that it sounds like this ref had a quick trigger. Probably too quick. But all that could have been avoided had she just not shown herself. That simple.

What kind of foul did they call and this is a huge loss for SH.

I wasn't there in person, so take all this with a grain of salt:

About 3 minutes left, SH up 35-40ish? Seymour player drives, they call a ticky-tack foul on Tarter. She somehow gets the ball, and spikes it softly, bounces it, I'm not exactly sure. Ref may have been wanting to be noticed. Somehow she got the ball from the offensive player; so it just doesn't seem like it could be a split second, knee jerk reaction. Anyway, the ref T's her up. She the says something to the ref, and she gets her 2nd. I don't know what she said, haven't a clue.

But I don't care if you say "you've called a wonderful game, sir." When you get a technical called on you, you keep your mouth shut, walk away, and let your coach handle it.

About 3 minutes left, SH up 35-40ish? Seymour player drives, they call a ticky-tack foul on Tarter. She somehow gets the ball, and spikes it softly, bounces it, I'm not exactly sure. Ref may have been wanting to be noticed. Somehow she got the ball from the offensive player; so it just doesn't seem like it could be a split second, knee jerk reaction. Anyway, the ref T's her up. She the says something to the ref, and she gets her 2nd. I don't know what she said, haven't a clue.

But I don't care if you say "you've called a wonderful game, sir." When you get a technical called on you, you keep your mouth shut, walk away, and let your coach handle it.

Not good and this time of year you have to be smart and this hurts SH bad.

Yes the first T I see but not the second she ask what did I do he calls another yes she should be under control but so should the ref there was know showing him up or nothing you just don't call 2 ts in 5 second unless as a ref your looking for it

I agree she probably shouldn't have been in the game at that point but I'm not sure what the situation was, but I am sorry to hear that becuase she is a great girl and basketball player and I'm not sure if she has a reputation of getting Techs or why the ref would have to eject her but it seems like it was emotion on her part and probably on the ref's part and I'm not sure what she said but this is sad all the way around for her, her teammates, and the Science Hill fans, hopefully they can overcome the adversity and make it to State because it won't be the same without them there, they are one of the top teams in TN and should be there to compete. Good Luck

Wow. A near lock for the state tournament is now going to have to try to survive a Region semi-final. Tarter is the key piece of Science Hill's team. She controls the game from the point, penetrates to the basket at will, and sets her teammates up for easy shots. Lyon is a great player and Gregory is very good, but neither are primary ball handlers. The other Lady Toppers are solid, but primarily role players. Winning a Regional semi-final against a very good Morristown West team will be much more difficult now. If the Lady Toppers can pull that win out, they will be no guarantee to win the Region final without Tarter either. The road to Murfreesboro just got significantly more difficult for this outstanding team. We will now see who steps up and if the Lady Toppers can rally and survive this.