8AA

Onthedirt

Tigerpride23 I am proud of how the Dekalb girls are doing knowing how it has came from " their" hard work and sweat. I told several of them so after the Cookeville game.

But....... Don't ever even in your wildest dreams start smack talking about this Cavs team. No excuses they were the better team that game but don't trick yourself into thinking it was anything more than just one game.

I'm sure neither set of these ladies would appreciate it.

Tigerpride23 I am proud of how the Dekalb girls are doing knowing how it has came from " their" hard work and sweat. I told several of them so after the Cookeville game.

But....... Don't ever even in your wildest dreams start smack talking about this Cavs team. No excuses they were the better team that game but don't trick yourself into thinking it was anything more than just one game.

I am not sure they were just the better team "that game". Isn't it more likely DC is just the better team period? The final score speaks for itself.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

With all due respect, we won 7 games in a row against the same teams Cookeville made an early exit to. The head to head game wasn't close. We're 13-0 and my whole point of saying that was this. Someoe said we hadn't faced anyone yet. I think they proved a point. Edited by TigerPride23

I don't really follow softball besides get on here and check scores. That is why I asked if this could be Coach Bonds best team ever. Do the girls have any traditional "powerhouses" on their schedule? I remember the 08 team, but even they didn't start out this dominant and at 13-0.

They don't really have anyone noteworthy scheduled as far as a team that is consistently making trips to state or anything like that. But they are scheduled for two more tournaments; one back in cookeville and another in Manchester. They may run up on some great teams in those.

And as always anything can happen in district play.

Of course it's a bit unrealistic to see them going undefeated on the season, but it's telling a lot about this team for a different person to be stepping up and pulling them through when they're on the ropes. Hope they make a deep run this year!