Mt. Pleasant

cubs1

Something about this seems fishy?

I wonder if the Director of Schools has something to do with it, since everyone knows he's partial and plays favorite to Columbia Central.

You may know something I don't but I was told by a source (Not naming) that would've known 2 years back at the time Hoath was hired that the mTp job was nothing more than an experience opportunity (stepping stone). That Hoath's eyes was always looking towards Central..... Which is fine if that's what the man's goals are.... No hate here. Good luck to Mr. Hoath in his endeavors.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any suggestions who would be a good coach for MP?

Coach Eddie Bassham should've been in there many years ago.....

Coach Bassham never was handed the job when he was working at the school years ago when Wolaver left as HC and again after Dugger left as HC.... Coach Bassham did apply when Hoath did as well, but again was passed over and didn't get the job....

This has never made a bat link of sense to me as why Coach Basham has never been given the chance... Eddie Bassham is a really good coach in my opinion and deserved a chance at the helm years ago to see what he could've done calling the shots..... I don't even know now if he is even interested in it any more.... Would still be nice to get a MP native, alumni and ex-teacher for many years of the school; who in my honest opinion deserves it, get put in there.

Coach Bassham put a many years devotion into the school football and baseball programs here in MP to have been not ever given the chance.... No Sense what-so-ever to not get the HC of the football program in MP.

By the way.... Full disclosure.... I am in no way related to Eddie Bassham. Not a close friend, nor same age, more like a life long acquaintance. I have went to church many years with Eddie, I was a student at MP while Eddie taught there, and Coach Bassham was the head coach of my Jr. High football team when I did play.

Strikes me as a good job from the outside, I'm kind of surprised they've had so much turnover. What's been the cause?

The team had lacked discipline for many years but the last coach had brought that to the team. MTP needs to find a coach that will keep it going. I would bet that's the reason for the low numbers on the sidelines last year.

The team had lacked discipline for many years but the last coach had brought that to the team. MTP needs to find a coach that will keep it going. I would bet that's the reason for the low numbers on the sidelines last year.

How much were they down last year? And what kind of discipline issues through the years?

How much were they down last year? And what kind of discipline issues through the years?

Im not exactly sure on the numbers last year but I think it was around 19 kids. The discipline issues were that it seemed the coaches just didnt have control over the team until the coaches that were there last year took over.