private vs public tssaa needs to seperate

lynard

and again I never said we fixed the issues but helped the kids deal with it...and one more thing its seems like you have a political agenda and not a scholastic one from your posts, so I'm done commenting on that part of this in this thread BECAUSE this thread is only for seperation of public/private and again IMO from someone who HAS been on BOTH sides there is no need to, but if you want to then I'm fine with it as long as you keep it fair amongst all institutions!!

Have A Blessed Day Sir!!

and again I never said we fixed the issues but helped the kids deal with it...and one more thing its seems like you have a political agenda and not a scholastic one from your posts, so I'm done commenting on that part of this in this thread BECAUSE this thread is only for seperation of public/private and again IMO from someone who HAS been on BOTH sides there is no need to, but if you want to then I'm fine with it as long as you keep it fair amongst all institutions!!

Have A Blessed Day Sir!!

Does that mean I win? lol, I have no political agenda, I dont like it when people think public schools and poverish communities only have issues because the WORKING people dont work hard enough to take care of everyone else in their community who doesnt want to work. I dont like being told that Wealthy private school communities and small rural farming public school communites deal with the same issues. I dont like TSSAA saying they want a level playing field but let private schools out of Knoxville and Chattanooga and Nashville play for the same titles that small rural county schools play for. Maybe I do have a political opinion... not an agenda. You have a nice day as well. I can see since obviously you have been on both sides you KNOW everything and my opinion doesnt count so I will be done commenting with you too. I f you  cant win just say your opponent isnt worth arguing with and hush...that makes you the winner right?

Good Points with the exception of #1 as if a kid transfers to us he has to sit out a calendar year as well...I think the rcruitment thing happens no matter at what school by unethical people so that will always be...but I do agree with you that there are advantages at the Privates I just think we see it at a different level as I see it a slight one you seem to view it as a significant one.

Answer me a question as we are heading down to this split though, do not you think that the privates will need to be seperated as we are all not alike as my example shows here in Chattanooga between baylor and Grace Academy?

I'm not qualified to comment on those two schools being from the other end of the state, but I do acknowledge the fact that there are some small (enrollment) schools like Webb and Ensworth at around 450 students that similar sized schools will not be able to compete with. I'm sorry that I don't have any Idea how similar schools could be compensated...maybe a three class system, but currently Ensworth chooses to play up in class anyway. Not to sound too harsh, but the same set of regulations would apply to all schools in the private division, and the same argument used by most supporters of the privates now would apply here...don't whine about it, work harder to get better.

I'm not qualified to comment on those two schools being from the other end of the state, but I do acknowledge the fact that there are some small (enrollment) schools like Webb and Ensworth at around 450 students that similar sized schools will not be able to compete with. I'm sorry that I don't have any Idea how similar schools could be compensated...maybe a three class system, but currently Ensworth chooses to play up in class anyway. Not to sound too harsh, but the same set of regulations would apply to all schools in the private division, and the same argument used by most supporters of the privates now would apply here...don't whine about it, work harder to get better.

ok

Have A Blessed Day Sir!!

He's a tool don't waste your time sky. 

Have A Blessed Day Sir!!

We did fix those issues at the PUBLIC school I came from and we were very proud of that!!

???

From the TSSAA Legislative meeting agenda:

e. Trousdale County & Lewis County Proposed Change in Article I, Section 3
The administrations at Trousdale County High School and Lewis County High School requesting a change in Article I, Section 3 of the TSSAA Bylaws effective with the 2015-2016 school year.

Is this what all the discussion is about?

Edited by CDCC

Seems that a few privates that play on the publics dime (they play DI), are saying that if there is a split that they want it equitable, for example we don't want to play schools our size like Webb and Ensworth. What ever happened to the theory of work harder and quit whining like the privates playing in DI always throw in the small publics face. Kind of different when the worm has turned on the other side. But don't worry little privates, Uncle Bernard won't make you play Webb, and Ensworth would not even bother scheduling you. Plus he won't throw the open zone semi privates in with you. He does not want the privates leaving and taking all their money to their new association. I don't think the T$$AA has the backbone to make the right decision and split public and private, so the publics should present their plan for their own association to the media after T$$AA makes the wrong decision and does not make the split.

Edited by NoNameD

First of all, for the public schools you get what you pay for, do not not listen to politicians, fully fund education in our public schools, raise property taxes, build better schools, add technology, pay our teachers better and if you don't like the teachers in your school, elect a different school board, get a different superintendent, and most of all get involved in your kids school.ALL OF US HAVE A VESTED INTEREST IN PRODUCING WELL ROUNDED EDUCATED ELECTORATE FOR OUR COUNTRY AND DEMOCRACY TO SUCCEED!!! 

With that being said this whole split thing is a joke, people are so driven to have to have a winning football team, they want to eliminate all competition by hook or crook, believe it or not kids remember the Friday nights for a lot of reasons, the dances, the parties, the fellowship, spirit of community, and playing the game. The win is in playing, the lessons learned are team work, sacrifice, dedication.....if all you are telling your kids is win win win and championships are the only things that count you don't need to be in sports

half of the schools that end up at state are private schools. another thing about private schools that always has bothered me is they have the money to pay the best coach and all they have to do is coach nothing else with the school if i am wrong let me know

You are wrong on so many levels.

The "talking down" thing isn't intentional, but I tend to get frustrated when someone over complicates things. You asked, and I replied...athletics only, per TSSAA rules. Your response addresses academic issues, laziness, school pride, parental involvement, transportation, facilities, and improvements...not what I had hoped for, which was your honest opinion...yes or no. There are a few critical differences between public and privates...

1.Eligibility...private= transfer and play. Public= transfer and sit out one calendar year.

In the Memphis public school system you can transfer and not have to sit out a calendar year.  Also, one of our better players had to sit out his freshman year of football after transfering from another school. 

2.Restricted enrollment...the ability to recruit from a large area the students that they desire, while other students from the same geographic location may be denied enrollment in order to keep the overall number of students below classification cutoff.   It also happens at open zones schools even if you don't want to admit it.

3.Recruitment...the big issue to most people, no need to rewrite the book.

If you think that public schools don't recruit, you need to get your head out of the sand.

4.Aid...big no-no, even for DI privates... except for work study or faith based assistance. This is a huge grey area due to most privates being tied to religious institutions and churches, and the primary reason for the "play for pay" argument...no way for TSSAA to police these infractions...also tied to this issue would be that DII schools with scholarship athletes are free to choose to switch to DI and play with the same athletes.

Those are all valid differences, verified by the TSSAA rules. My answer to the same question is that yes, there is an advantage held by privates over publics.