private vs public tssaa needs to seperate

lynard

First of all, for the public schools you get what you pay for, do not not listen to politicians, fully fund education in our public schools, raise property taxes, build better schools, add technology, pay our teachers better and if you don't like the teachers in your school, elect a different school board, get a different superintendent, and most of all get involved in your kids school.ALL OF US HAVE A VESTED INTEREST IN PRODUCING WELL ROUNDED EDUCATED ELECTORATE FOR OUR COUNTRY AND DEMOCRACY TO SUCCEED!!! 

With that being said this whole split thing is a joke, people are so driven to have to have a winning football team, they want to eliminate all competition by hook or crook, believe it or not kids remember the Friday nights for a lot of reasons, the dances, the parties, the fellowship, spirit of community, and playing the game. The win is in playing, the lessons learned are team work, sacrifice, dedication.....if all you are telling your kids is win win win and championships are the only things that count you don't need to be in sports

I completely agree with your entire first paragraph. Ive begged for years for someone to raise taxes and buy us something usefull. The sad part is that the first politician who attempts to raise taxes too much wont be re ellected and they know that , therefore no new taxes = no new fascilities, books, computers, teacher slaries , etc.

Thats the thing that irks me about some of these private school supporters , they act like its so simpole to fix things, like all you have to do is blah blah blah, It's not so easy when you have to get the majority vote for a politician and then depend on them to uphold their promises they made and most likely lied about to get votes. When EVERYONE over 18 can vote you have alot of people voting for whats best for them and not the community. Potheads and thiieves get a vote they arent voting for more taxes and improving schools. business owners with no children in school arent voting for increased taxes for schools. Farmers who are taxed to death already and barely make a living arent voting for more taxes so the politician who would raise taxes to improve schools will have a hard time winning an election.

When a private school isnt up to par they lose money so they keep up with the best of the best. They dont depend on the PUBLIC vote to fund their school.

First of all, for the public schools you get what you pay for, do not not listen to politicians, fully fund education in our public schools, raise property taxes, build better schools, add technology, pay our teachers better and if you don't like the teachers in your school, elect a different school board, get a different superintendent, and most of all get involved in your kids school.ALL OF US HAVE A VESTED INTEREST IN PRODUCING WELL ROUNDED EDUCATED ELECTORATE FOR OUR COUNTRY AND DEMOCRACY TO SUCCEED!!! 

With that being said this whole split thing is a joke, people are so driven to have to have a winning football team, they want to eliminate all competition by hook or crook, believe it or not kids remember the Friday nights for a lot of reasons, the dances, the parties, the fellowship, spirit of community, and playing the game. The win is in playing, the lessons learned are team work, sacrifice, dedication.....if all you are telling your kids is win win win and championships are the only things that count you don't need to be in sports

Great speech!!! Problem is, It's not relevant to this issue at all. The first sentence of your second paragraph includes the real reason that the privates are fighting the obvious solution, they (you) have the competitive advantage and are tenaciously hanging on to keep it. Put ALL privates in the private division with the same set of regulations and restrictions. How is that not fair? It's so simple that it's ridiculous to argue against the logic, yet you use civic responsibilities, "spirit of the community", fellowship, teamwork, sacrifice, dedication...hogwash.

Worst of all, you attack the public system for not being up to par..."my" school is great, we have the technology, we love our teachers, and you're wrong that we get what we pay for...we get far more from our administrators and staff than our money's worth...no complaints.

Not responding to anyone in particular here, but I think I have something to offer to the conversation, having played sports at Baylor before the D1/D2 split, having kids currently at Boyd and a sibling that went public.

There are studies out there which suggest the primary contributing factor to a student success, academically and athletically, is parental involvement.

Take schools like South Pitt, Signal Mountain... publics who have their community behind them, which would likely include that parents of said students, they regularly do well in a number of things, not just athletics.  Those are just a couple of examples.  I'm know there are exceptions, so save the crucifixion please.  There are also plenty of privates that don't necessarily do well.

I recall a person from Texas posting on here a year or two ago about this very subject and the general tone of the post was that we were stupid for even talking about it. 

There is no doubt that schools like Baylor, that have large endowments, can throw money around for facilities, equipment, etc.  But does that really make for better athletes... students?  I think you might also find some private coaches/teachers who would argue they get paid much more, if any, than a public school coach/teacher.

My personal belief is it just doesn't matter and splitting them masks the larger issue in society as a whole.  It's like saying that WalMart and the local convenience store aren't aloud to complete for the same customers.  It's not realistic and not reflective of real life.  It is doing a disservice to our student-athletes.

Not responding to anyone in particular here, but I think I have something to offer to the conversation, having played sports at Baylor before the D1/D2 split, having kids currently at Boyd and a sibling that went public.

There are studies out there which suggest the primary contributing factor to a student success, academically and athletically, is parental involvement.

Take schools like South Pitt, Signal Mountain... publics who have their community behind them, which would likely include that parents of said students, they regularly do well in a number of things, not just athletics.  Those are just a couple of examples.  I'm know there are exceptions, so save the crucifixion please.  There are also plenty of privates that don't necessarily do well.

I recall a person from Texas posting on here a year or two ago about this very subject and the general tone of the post was that we were stupid for even talking about it. 

There is no doubt that schools like Baylor, that have large endowments, can throw money around for facilities, equipment, etc.  But does that really make for better athletes... students?  I think you might also find some private coaches/teachers who would argue they get paid much more, if any, than a public school coach/teacher.

My personal belief is it just doesn't matter and splitting them masks the larger issue in society as a whole.  It's like saying that WalMart and the local convenience store aren't aloud to complete for the same customers.  It's not realistic and not reflective of real life.  It is doing a disservice to our student-athletes.

:thumb:

+100 as some people say on here. 

I agree with you.  Kids need to learn in high school that those with money and power will always rig the system in their favor, and many will use their money and power to circumvent the rules and keep down the less privileged.  Just another valuable life-lesson learned through participation in high school athletics. <_<

Edited by MountainTroll

I agree with you.  Kids need to learn in high school that those with money and power will always rig the system in their favor, and many will use their money and power to circumvent the rules and keep down the less privileged.  Just another example of valuable life-lessons learned through participation in high school athletics. <_<

If people cant tell the difference between Boyd and Baylor well then they don't know the whole truth of what is going on, just like there is a difference between Central and Signal and rather you get all mighty Boyd out of the ringer won't stop the differences...Just Sayin My Friend!

Big difference between Brentwood and the 21 schools they are wanting to kick out of the public system, the old ball coach just had it made....but so do some of the public school football coaches around the state if they are in the right situation...be intersting to follow Kevin Creasy around for a week during football season -_- I'm Just Sayin!

The solution to the T$$AA being able to run the show with out anybody having any control over their decisions or their members decisions or their legislative council or their board of control members decisions is to make them subject to review by the state legislature of the state of Tennessee.

If the public schools can show Uncle Bernard that the state legislature or the governors office will have oversight over Uncle Bernard's decisions and the rest of the T$$AA mafia decisions then you will have the T$$AA mafia and Childress dictatorship doing what they should be doing, running T$$AA like a democracy and not a dictatorship.

What ever happened to the theory of the will of the people (public schools) vs the will of a few rich and privileged (private schools). We have TWRA that has control over fish and wildlife that is a state agency that is subject to the state legislature, but we have an agency (T$$AA mafia)  that  has control over humans lives and they have total control over their own actions with out any oversight from the state legislature or the governors office.

T$$AA makes the majority of their money from public schools that are funded by state taxes that are appropriated  by the state legislature. Where is the oversight.

Let the private schools leave and have their own association. There are other high school sports associations in Tennessee that have championships. Let  the privates go and compete for their own championships. If their association or championship is not recognized by the National Federation of High School Sports, and that is why the privates don't want to leave the T$$AA because of that reason, then there argument to keep playing with the public schools IS ALL ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Uncle Bernard and the rest of the T$$AA MAFIA will tell everyone concerned that it will be total heck if the T$$AA is taken over by the state government. What they fear is the state having control of their money and power. What they really fear is another lawsuit like Brentwood Academy slapped them with back in the day. Face it, Uncle Bernard and the T$$AA ARE AFRAID OF THE PRIVATE SCHOOLS BECAUSE OF THE WAY THEY GOT IT HANDED TO THEM BY BRENTWOOD ACADEMY. 

The solution to the T$$AA being able to run the show with out anybody having any control over their decisions or their members decisions or their legislative council or their board of control members decisions is to make them subject to review by the state legislature of the state of Tennessee.

If the public schools can show Uncle Bernard that the state legislature or the governors office will have oversight over Uncle Bernard's decisions and the rest of the T$$AA mafia decisions then you will have the T$$AA mafia and Childress dictatorship doing what they should be doing, running T$$AA like a democracy and not a dictatorship.

What ever happened to the theory of the will of the people (public schools) vs the will of a few rich and privileged (private schools). We have TWRA that has control over fish and wildlife that is a state agency that is subject to the state legislature, but we have an agency (T$$AA mafia)  that  has control over humans lives and they have total control over their own actions with out any oversight from the state legislature or the governors office.

T$$AA makes the majority of their money from public schools that are funded by state taxes that are appropriated  by the state legislature. Where is the oversight.

Let the private schools leave and have their own association. There are other high school sports associations in Tennessee that have championships. Let  the privates go and compete for their own championships. If their association or championship is not recognized by the National Federation of High School Sports, and that is why the privates don't want to leave the T$$AA because of that reason, then there argument to keep playing with the public schools IS ALL ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Uncle Bernard and the rest of the T$$AA MAFIA will tell everyone concerned that it will be total heck if the T$$AA is taken over by the state government. What they fear is the state having control of their money and power. What they really fear is another lawsuit like Brentwood Academy slapped them with back in the day. Face it, Uncle Bernard and the T$$AA ARE AFRAID OF THE PRIVATE SCHOOLS BECAUSE OF THE WAY THEY GOT IT HANDED TO THEM BY BRENTWOOD ACADEMY. 

This is not a rule by the way so that does not matter... and all privates are not rich .....and if they form an association then anyone can join it as long as they put it in the rules so who is to say some publics wont bolt as well...Just Sayin!

Who says this is not a rule, just you. Does the National federation of High school sports recognize the other high school sports associations championships in Tennessee.

And what about the oversight by the state legislature or the governor, do you have an objection about that ?

Why are the privates so scared of playing their own kind of schools.

I wish the publics would bolt and form their  own association.

I support privates that play by their own rules like MUS, Webb. BA, ECS, Ensworth, St Georges, and all of the rest of the privates that are man enough to play by the private school rules in DII.

I could care less if they recruit as long as the publics don't  have play them for a championship.

Private schools in DI don't have an argument to stay in DI. They are really just afraid of playing Webb.