private vs public tssaa needs to seperate

lynard

And another thing, why don't all of you privates help out your brothers in DII. They have to travel all over the state for a game. You all could really help them out. I think it is a little two faced to not join them in their division. Just work harder like the private supporters tell the publics. Don't you privates in DI tell your kids about hard work and playing against the best competition? You all have no problem telling the publics how to act. I  really have not seen anyone on the DII part of coach t saying that they don't want you private playing in the public division schools to not man up and join them!

We have all heard all the arguments on this topic a thousand times over.  Privates have an advantage, open zones have an advantage, charter schools have an advantage, Magnet schools have an advantage.  Its only us "1 school in the county" schools that dont have room to cheat the system. Unless of course you allow kids to cross county lines and pay a nominal fee.  This aint happening  where im from.  Just for kicks lets start with single A football semi-finalist and see how each one had an advantage over the schools they beat to get there.  Starting with Nash Chr- easy enough to spot their advantage- cut tuition for athletes and call it work study. Heck they got enough work study hours over there to run a mid-sized manufacturing plant.  Brothers learned from the master at Brentwood Academy and knows the arm  of the TSSAA can only go so far, just dot your I's and cross your T's on your paper work and they have to just shake their head and move on.  I have heard they have an Ensworth transfer on work study, so let me get this straight, you can go to Ensworth and its Free and legal, but you decide to go to nash chr work for half your tuition and pay the other half, doesnt add up to me.  Conclusion they have a definite advantage.

Now lets look at South Pitt- they are a Single A school with a 4A(marion co) and a 2a (whitwell) also in their county.  Open zone applies here.  they have beat marion Co, the 4A larger school the last 5 years by a combined score of 214 to 46.  they have beat the 2a school (whitwell) by a combined score of 310 to 60.  So which school do you think Most football players in marion co go to.  With open zoning it allows SP to pull from a much larger pool than most Single A schools.  any reasonable thinking person knows that a single A should not just pound a 4a and 2A in the same county, year after year.  Conclusion Sp has definite advantage allowed by open zoning.

Coalfield the 3rd semifinalist- once again an open zone county.  there are 4 schools in Morgan co. Wartburg (2a) oakdale (1a) and Sunbright (1A) .  over the last 4 years Coalfield which is just scant miles away from these other 3 schools has beaten Wartburg (the 2A) by a combined score of 142 to 17, beaten Oakdael 183 to 6 and sunbright 154 to 67. Coalfield has had only 1 close game in 4 years between these 4 school that are within same county and same classification or higher than Coalfield.  Once again this doesnt add up.  Would make a reasonable person think most good football players in morgan co decide to go to Coalfield.  Conclusion- Coalfield has distinct advantage by selecton from entire county for football players.

Last but not least is Union City.  These guys have the perfect setup.  Large 4a school 8 miles away allows them to keep numbers down and stay in single A but have a huge talent pool to select from.  this system cant be beat.  they actually have just figured out their advantage in the last couple of years but their set-up is so sweet,  look for them to rule single A for the foreseeable future.  while they lost to the large 4a in '10 and '11 they whipped them in 12 by a score of 40-13 and Obion (the 4A) decided they didnt want to play against their own athletes and wouldnt play them in 2013.  the setup is perfect cause union city is a city school and Obion Co is a county school , 2 diff governing boards that dont have to answer to each other.  They dont have to play fair.  So if you want a state title do you load up the 4a or the 1a.  You know the answer and it worked like a charm. Conclusion- openzoning allows them tremendous advantage especially with the population numbers in Obion Co.  Should be embarrassed if they dont win it every year.  Look for them to get bumped up to 2a when they discover its easier to win than 1a is.

So who is the bigger offender here? the private? or the openzone? not sure but the system sure needs some fixing

We have all heard all the arguments on this topic a thousand times over.  Privates have an advantage, open zones have an advantage, charter schools have an advantage, Magnet schools have an advantage.  Its only us "1 school in the county" schools that dont have room to cheat the system. Unless of course you allow kids to cross county lines and pay a nominal fee.  This aint happening  where im from.  Just for kicks lets start with single A football semi-finalist and see how each one had an advantage over the schools they beat to get there.  Starting with Nash Chr- easy enough to spot their advantage- cut tuition for athletes and call it work study. Heck they got enough work study hours over there to run a mid-sized manufacturing plant.  Brothers learned from the master at Brentwood Academy and knows the arm  of the TSSAA can only go so far, just dot your I's and cross your T's on your paper work and they have to just shake their head and move on.  I have heard they have an Ensworth transfer on work study, so let me get this straight, you can go to Ensworth and its Free and legal, but you decide to go to nash chr work for half your tuition and pay the other half, doesnt add up to me.  Conclusion they have a definite advantage.

Now lets look at South Pitt- they are a Single A school with a 4A(marion co) and a 2a (whitwell) also in their county.  Open zone applies here.  they have beat marion Co, the 4A larger school the last 5 years by a combined score of 214 to 46.  they have beat the 2a school (whitwell) by a combined score of 310 to 60.  So which school do you think Most football players in marion co go to.  With open zoning it allows SP to pull from a much larger pool than most Single A schools.  any reasonable thinking person knows that a single A should not just pound a 4a and 2A in the same county, year after year.  Conclusion Sp has definite advantage allowed by open zoning.

Coalfield the 3rd semifinalist- once again an open zone county.  there are 4 schools in Morgan co. Wartburg (2a) oakdale (1a) and Sunbright (1A) .  over the last 4 years Coalfield which is just scant miles away from these other 3 schools has beaten Wartburg (the 2A) by a combined score of 142 to 17, beaten Oakdael 183 to 6 and sunbright 154 to 67. Coalfield has had only 1 close game in 4 years between these 4 school that are within same county and same classification or higher than Coalfield.  Once again this doesnt add up.  Would make a reasonable person think most good football players in morgan co decide to go to Coalfield.  Conclusion- Coalfield has distinct advantage by selecton from entire county for football players.

Last but not least is Union City.  These guys have the perfect setup.  Large 4a school 8 miles away allows them to keep numbers down and stay in single A but have a huge talent pool to select from.  this system cant be beat.  they actually have just figured out their advantage in the last couple of years but their set-up is so sweet,  look for them to rule single A for the foreseeable future.  while they lost to the large 4a in '10 and '11 they whipped them in 12 by a score of 40-13 and Obion (the 4A) decided they didnt want to play against their own athletes and wouldnt play them in 2013.  the setup is perfect cause union city is a city school and Obion Co is a county school , 2 diff governing boards that dont have to answer to each other.  They dont have to play fair.  So if you want a state title do you load up the 4a or the 1a.  You know the answer and it worked like a charm. Conclusion- openzoning allows them tremendous advantage especially with the population numbers in Obion Co.  Should be embarrassed if they dont win it every year.  Look for them to get bumped up to 2a when they discover its easier to win than 1a is.

So who is the bigger offender here? the private? or the openzone? not sure but the system sure needs some fixing

PLEASE do 3A next!!!  13 and 36%.  LOL!!!

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Marion County is 2A, not 4A.  I get the point of your argument, but as long as you're throwing stats out there, you might want to ensure they're accurate.