private vs public tssaa needs to seperate

lynard

LOL...LOL....LOL....I love ridicolous banter...just love it....not a school in the country like that period.....oh the big exaggerater!!

LOL all you want. 399 out of 400 is most likely only off by a few at most of the private schools. Public schools with 400 kids probably have the same 45 boys and 35 girls playing every sport give or take a few here and there , but i doubt any of them have over 100 total.

LOL all you want. 399 out of 400 is most likely only off by a few at most of the private schools. Public schools with 400 kids probably have the same 45 boys and 35 girls playing every sport give or take a few here and there , but i doubt any of them have over 100 total.

Ok Lets take South Pittsburg because its a school close to the 400. They have 429 students with 137 competing in some sort of sport for a 32%, while at Boyd who competes at the same level we have 270 students with 78 competeing in some sort of sports for a 29%. At South Pitt they have 91 of their 137 students playing sports play more than one sport for a 66% while at Boyd we have 61 of the 78 students who play sports palying more than one sport for a 78%. Like I said time and time again with you, the facts get in the way of what is the norm across the state, it might just be at your little home:}

Ok Lets take South Pittsburg because its a school close to the 400. They have 429 students with 137 competing in some sort of sport for a 32%, while at Boyd who competes at the same level we have 270 students with 78 competeing in some sort of sports for a 29%. At South Pitt they have 91 of their 137 students playing sports play more than one sport for a 66% while at Boyd we have 61 of the 78 students who play sports palying more than one sport for a 78%. Like I said time and time again with you, the facts get in the way of what is the norm across the state, it might just be at your little home:}

You need to do some research and get some facts cause if SP had 429 students they would be in AA playoff bracket. Sounds like your the one just throwin numbers around.

You guys are for the most part missing the point...The opportunity is there for the privates to CONTROL the overall population and SELECT the members of their student body. If you're on the bus route for a public school admission is mandatory, whether the student is special ed or a 5 star recruit with a 4.0 gpa, and that the presence of that student affects classification. I'm not accusing any one school...I couldn't care less who is or is not pursuing championships through recruitment of athletes...I'm stating the undisputable fact that the OPPORTUNITY is there for the privates to do so if they choose, and are in the same classification with schools who do not have that luxury. Open zoned schools do not have the ability to restrict enrollment, and though there is no doubt in my mind that recruitment happens in OZ schools, that's not as prevalent nor as simple to fix (there are already rules in place pertaining to the public schools) as a public/private split. Edited by tradertwo

You guys are for the most part missing the point...The opportunity is there for the privates to CONTROL the overall population and SELECT the members of their student body. If you're on the bus route for a public school admission is mandatory, whether the student is special ed or a 5 star recruit with a 4.0 gpa, and that the presence of that student affects classification. I'm not accusing any one school...I couldn't care less who is or is not pursuing championships through recruitment of athletes...I'm stating the undisputable fact that the OPPORTUNITY is there for the privates to do so if they choose, and are in the same classification with schools who do not have that luxury. Open zoned schools do not have the ability to restrict enrollment, and though there is no doubt in my mind that recruitment happens in OZ schools, that's not as prevalent nor as simple to fix (there are already rules in place pertaining to the public schools) as a public/private split.

Then why do you want the split if it doesnt matter who wins the championships? The only reason to split schools that are taking the same age kids taking the same studies having the same teenage problems to deal with is the pursuit of a championship...and there my fine sir is the point I think all of you are asking for a split are missing...sports in high school are extracurricular and a ways to teach young people how to be part of a team and to strive to be better, and sometimes you dont always get first but its okay because you can deal with it and get better....split them if you want to but to me it sends the wrong message that most everyone wants our young people to get

Edited by skydogg25

Then why do you want the split if it doesnt matter who wins the championships? The only reason to split schools that are taking the same age kids taking the same studies having the same teenage problems to deal with is the pursuit of a championship...and there my fine sir is the point I think all of you are asking for a split are missing...sports in high school are extracurricular and a ways to teach young people how to be part of a team and to strive to be better, and sometimes you dont always get first but its okay because you can deal with it and get better....split them if you want to but to me it sends the wrong message that most everyone wants our young people to get

I thought until your last post that we were two people with different viewpoints debating an issue...I know now that you understand perfectly, but are arguing for what you want and not what you believe is right. All that lofty "teach young people how to be part of a team...strive to get better...sometimes you don't always get first" rhetoric would still be relevant if there were a split...right? Just in case you really didn't get the intended point of the quote that you chose to highlight from my post, I'll explain it to you. It makes no difference to me personally which individual private schools are recruiting athletes and which are not (in response to your earlier statement "we don't do that at Boyd")...the issue is that there are two separate sets of rules for schools pursuing the same goal, and that one set has a decided advantage over the other. In an earlier post you stated that you were for the split as long as it was done fairly...didn't you really mean unless it put the kids at the school you support at the same kind of disadvantage that the public schools have now? I'm not here to argue, make a good point and I'll respond, but not to anymore of the theatrical, lawyer inspired nitpicking like the last one.

I thought until your last post that we were two people with different viewpoints debating an issue...I know now that you understand perfectly, but are arguing for what you want and not what you believe is right. All that lofty "teach young people how to be part of a team...strive to get better...sometimes you don't always get first" rhetoric would still be relevant if there were a split...right? Just in case you really didn't get the intended point of the quote that you chose to highlight from my post, I'll explain it to you. It makes no difference to me personally which individual private schools are recruiting athletes and which are not (in response to your earlier statement "we don't do that at Boyd")...the issue is that there are two separate sets of rules for schools pursuing the same goal, and that one set has a decided advantage over the other. In an earlier post you stated that you were for the split as long as it was done fairly...didn't you really mean unless it put the kids at the school you support at the same kind of disadvantage that the public schools have now? I'm not here to argue, make a good point and I'll respond, but not to anymore of the theatrical, lawyer inspired nitpicking like the last one.

I coached 18 years at the public school level and never thought I was at a disadvantage and we were not OZ if you might would think that, but if you feel that way go ahead...I'm just saying we dont all agree!! have a nice day sir!

Edited by skydogg25

You will never get me to believe that private school kids deal with the same teenage problems as public school kids, nor will I ever believe that it doesnt make a HUGE difference. How many private school kids go home after school to an empty house with no food? How many of them have friends that go home to an empty house with no food? How many of them wear their older brothers cleats that he borrowed from a friend for 4 years of highschool. How many of them have to get up at 5 in the morning to catch a bus by 5:45 and ride it for 2 hours to school every morning. How many of them have to catch a ride home after practice with a coach( doesnt seem like a big deal until coach drops you off while your drunk daddy is cussin you when you walk up on the porch). How many of them have to try to study while kids who are only at school cause they have to be are terrorizing em? I could go on forever with this, all of this has an effect on school and athletic performance, and the absolute BEST teachers and coaches cant fix those problems. Problems that private schools RARELY have.

I coached 18 years at the public school level and never thought I was at a disadvantage and we were not OZ if you might would think that, but if you feel that way go ahead...I'm just saying we dont all agree!! have a nice day sir!

Seems as if our debate has come down to me asking you one simple question...do you believe that private schools have absolutely no advantage over public schools as the rules stand? If you choose the same response as earlier..."for the split, as long as it's done fairly", explain how it might not be fair to someone.