3. GPS

4. Walker Valley

5. Silverdale Baptist

6. Ooltewah

7. East Hamilton

8. CSAS

9. Whitwell

10. Sale Creek

Baylor will once again be a favorite to win State. I believe that Silverdale will capture the 5-A Crown. They have a very talented roster this year. It'll be a tough battle between Sale Creek and Whitwell for the 6-A crown, and I think Sale Creek will take it this year. In the 5-AAA race I think it will come down to a Soddy Daisy-Walker Valley matchup with Soddy taking the crown.

This is my rough preseason top 10, we will know a lot more when the play days are over and teams are playing real games using their 9 best players. I'm sure I forgot a team somewhere. Overall, I think that softball in this area will be weak compared to years past. A lot of teams will be relying on underclassmen or players with very little experience. 

Edited by ChattSoftball

Whitwell finished 3rd in the state last year and only lost 2 seniors. They also picked up some talented freshman including a pitcher that would be a starter on most teams in the area. Sale Creek got drilled by Silverdale tonight so Whitwell should be on top of 6A.

Whitwell finished 3rd in the state last year and only lost 2 seniors. They also picked up some talented freshman including a pitcher that would be a starter on most teams in the area. Sale Creek got drilled by Silverdale tonight so Whitwell should be on top of 6A.

Yes, I agree with Whitwell taking it too. I just realized that I said Sale Creek, instead of Whitwell. But I did have Whitwell ahead of Sale Creek in my rankings. Sale Creek will be hurting with the loss of one of their best players they had last year. Whitwell should bring back alot: Coppinger, Sledge, Andregg, Roberts, Hedrick. They will only get better.