Chattanooga area

Hawg

Yes, I agree with Whitwell taking it too. I just realized that I said Sale Creek, instead of Whitwell. But I did have Whitwell ahead of Sale Creek in my rankings. Sale Creek will be hurting with the loss of one of their best players they had last year. Whitwell should bring back alot: Coppinger, Sledge, Andregg, Roberts, Hedrick. They will only get better.

FYI:  Sale Creek actually lost 4 starters from last year who all contributed greatly to the team whether they got credit for it or not........just saying. 

East Hamilton 10-4 over Oolt. 8-1 after two innings.

East Ham will be one of the best hitting teams this side of Baylor, again; Kelsey Payne, starting off healthy this year, is set for a big year....Once again they do not have a strikeout lockdown pitcher but another senior who throws strikes when neeeded and will get outs if they play good defense which should keep them in most games...good to see Nelson get a bit of comeuppance after the way she was ushered out of Ooltewah...And Chattsoftball may want to adjust his/her rankings. OHS is probably going to struggle a bit this year.

Other scores from yesterday:

Polk County - 9 

Red Bank - 6

Bradley Central - 5

Cleveland - 4

Whitwell - 15

Van Buren - 0

Walker Valley - 6

Rhea County - 5

Big showdown today between last year's 5-AAA tourney runner-up Walker Valley, and new comer East Hamilton.

I'll adjust my Top 10 after this week. After all, it was.... just a pre-season throw out poll.

Meigs also. They probably won't get as much attention playing in an out of the area district but should be good again.

Good point! Very good team. Definitely forgot about them.

In the 5-AAA matchup:

Walker Valley 8

East Hamilton 0

It is early in the season, so games can go many ways. A fellow poster may have jumped the gun on East Hamilton in this thread, or maybe time will tell that he didn't. Too early to make out anything yet.

Edited by ChattSoftball

Good point! Very good team. Definitely forgot about them.

In the 5-AAA matchup:

Walker Valley 8

East Hamilton 0

It is early in the season, so games can go many ways. A fellow poster may have jumped the gun on East Hamilton in this thread, or maybe time will tell that he didn't. Too early to make out anything yet.

Funny what a rivalry win will do for you!   :oops:   And you are definitely correct about early! Appreciate you taking a stab at things where no one else did. 

Funny what a rivalry win will do for you!   :oops:   And you are definitely correct about early! Appreciate you taking a stab at things where no one else did. 

From what I heard, the game would have been really close had it not been for a series of EH errors. I think they will still have a solid year, though pitching will be difficult for them. However, I think a lot of teams are in that same position as far as pitching goes.

Scores from 5-AAA today:

Ooltewah - 13

Cleveland - 2

East Hamilton - 16

McMinn - 6

Walker Valley - 13

Bradley - 0