District 8a

swanson71

Goodpasture clear cut leader, starts the season 4-0 in district play before first pitch. The rest of the district should be balanced with the majority of starters back on the other 4 teams. Trousdale has everyone except their catcher back off of a sub state appearance last year. Watertown has a solid group returning with the big lefty back on the mound and a very good freshman. Gordonsville only lost 2 starters. Red Boiling returns every starter. Last year it was very competitive for the 2 through 5 spot I would expect the same this year, with Trousdale having the advantage they have controlled second for the last 10 years and have the most experienced pitching staff.

I noticed Trousdale and Goodpasture are not playing each other this year. I would think that each team in the district must have a home and away. How does that affect district standings?

If memory serves me Trousdale Co. and RBS both forfeited their games with Goodpasture.  Thus, Goodpasture starts the season 4-0 and will not have played a game.  The only 2 teams to play Goodpasture in the district are Watertown and Gordonsville I do believe.

If memory serves me Trousdale Co. and RBS both forfeited their games with Goodpasture.  Thus, Goodpasture starts the season 4-0 and will not have played a game.  The only 2 teams to play Goodpasture in the district are Watertown and Gordonsville I do believe.

That is true...Merol Hyde is in the district unless they do not play baseball there, I know nothing of sports there!

• 3 weeks later...