It's Time to Separate the Public and Private Schools

@38320

I do see that happening with the private schools getting some of the better players from a school or two located nearby. However, they are not going to come out to the rural areas and get players en mass and truck them in and set them up in a dorm or apartment. I do see recruiting picking up some, but I think the good will outweigh the bad about 9 to 1 if a separation is made.

You're right 38320, what most don't understand is that the "rural" schools are so scattered that it wouldn't be easy to go after a player...the closest private to the local school is almost an hour away.

Unless these schools completely break away it would be against the rules to recruit. Even if they do form their own organization will they just forget ethics and start recruiting? There is no place for it among public or private schools.

I totally agree with you Indian. There is no place for it at either public or private.

I agree 100%, and also the open enrollement areas should have the multiplier. It is horrible for some these kids to never have a fair chance at a championship because of a team winning it every year. I mean when you have a 6A team go undefeated in a season except for being beat by a 3A team (that happen in 2010). Hmmmm, sound kind of strange to me. Just sayin, fair is fair. :popcorneater:

But what are you going to do to an open zoned school that is already 6A?  Multipliers won't help that situation.

why is ccs a case in point? Every public school in the area has wanted to play them since their first varsity season.  The great advantages of being a private school have not been kind to CCS for the past five seasons.

The problem is not what CCS has done...it's that there exists the opportunity. CCS operates under the same set of rules that FCS did until they switched to DII last year, and in 2011 they were state champs in three or four different TSSAA sanctioned sports. That same year their website boasted that 70% of all students participated in athletics...those statistics are not possible in any public school, and are proof that there is an unfair advantage held by the privates. You have a point that CCS doesn't abuse the "system", but my point is that should they choose to, the opportunity is there.

But what are you going to do to an open zoned school that is already 6A? Multipliers won't help that situation.

if a 6a school with 1600-2500 kids can't find 75-100(5%) boys to play good football that's on them. Where the problem is, let's say a school has 525 students. Which is 3A. They then pulls students from an area with 1500 hs age kids and brings in say 75 kids,25 gifted ball players. They are up to 600 students, still 3a, but composition of the team is more like 5a or 6a. Specially if they make a fee to come from out of zone. If you make them have a x3 multiplier....those 75 kids would count as 225 five students, which would be 525 plus 225...750, bumping them up a class to 4a. Seems fairest way to do it.
  • Upvote 2

What about open zoning? How is that different? Everyone has a choice. No one forces parents to send their student to a certain school.....not even zoning rules (cough, cough) So, pot, meet kettle!!! ;)

+1,000,000,000

It's much easier for those who don't win to make excuses rather than working hard to get better.....