It's Time to Separate the Public and Private Schools

@38320

Where to start. First off, I live in Overton Co home of Livingston Acd. I rooted for UHS being the top team in 8aa in 2013. Just like I will root for for UHS in state basketball tourn now that they are the last standing in 8aa. Would it have been a big accoumplishment for UHS to have beat Alcoa? Yes. Would it have changed the fact that pay to attend open zone schools have a huge advatage, nope. A multiplier for students gained would be perfect for this, just like in private schools. Tradition and coaching has a big influence in the program. So do athletes. I am all for parents being able to move and put their kid in any school they want. That's not the issue. The issue is the ones not moving and paying a fee to attend. I played at Riverdale. I know how the laxed zone rules aided us in late 80's and 90's. How ever good athlete in the whole county somehow wound up on our team. And some from out of county, still not sure how it was accouplished. But when more strict zones were enforced with the coming addition of Seigle and Blackman....Riverdale had to play by the same rules the other 5 schools did, and Rankin left town. Yea, Riverdale is still a good program...but not as dominant, but as a whole, the district is stronger for it.

Too much information. Get a life! Lol!

I am surprised that they will have that many students. I have total respect for the Alcoa program. Coach Rankin and his staff do a tremendous job of coaching/teaching players the game of football and life. Also, the kids are disciplined and are expected to be good people on and off the field. I am sure that people across TN wish they had the program Alcoa has. We, at Smith County, have seen the fruits of a Coach Rankin team and have enjoyed every minute of it. Good luck Alcoa!!

agree 100%. Very very good coach. I would have loved to seen him at MTSU where I played or now coaching at TTU. He had an outstanding program at SC. But there were reasons he could rattle off multiple titles at Riverdale and not at Carthage, and its not all just talent. And when that reason ceast to exist at Riverdale, he moved on to where it did. That's not a knock on his coaching ability, its within the TSSAA rules so why not. But to say it doesn't happen or is not an advantage is just not factual. A simple multiplier would fix this. Not on all students, just the ones paying to come out of zone. Now could you imagine if SC allowed hartsville kids to pay a fee to attend SC. 3-4 a year from Hartsville on some of those late 80 teams and SC would have put together multiple titles.

agree 100%. Very very good coach. I would have loved to seen him at MTSU where I played or now coaching at TTU. He had an outstanding program at SC. But there were reasons he could rattle off multiple titles at Riverdale and not at Carthage, and its not all just talent. And when that reason ceast to exist at Riverdale, he moved on to where it did. That's not a knock on his coaching ability, its within the TSSAA rules so why not. But to say it doesn't happen or is not an advantage is just not factual. A simple multiplier would fix this. Not on all students, just the ones paying to come out of zone. Now could you imagine if SC allowed hartsville kids to pay a fee to attend SC. 3-4 a year from Hartsville on some of those late 80 teams and SC would have put together multiple titles.

What if Hartsville kids could have played at SC without a fee? Kinda like lowerman operates.

Edited by throwdaslant

Just not interested in your silly life story! Lol!

And no one is interested in your dumb YouTube videos or seeing you laugh at your own posts. You must think it was the accomplishment of the decade for Alcoa to put up 75 on upperman, but in reality it's nothing to boast about. Our secondary was struggling all year. LA almost beat us with the deep ball and ND should've won but they dropped several touchdown passes. Upperman was simply an average team with a few good athletes who played with heart and were hungry for wins. Alcoa should be ashamed that they let the U score at all. I would be since upperman is traditionally one of the worst teams in the state, going up against an established powerhouse.

What if Hartsville kids could have played at SC without a fee? Kinda like lowerman operates.

that would be the same as CPA letting anyone in Nashville attened untill they were at school capacity...which would be simply a public school. All students ay to attend CPA, multiplier in effect for all the students. 40-50 pay to attend Alcoa, put the multiplier in effect for those students. Very simple solution. I bet the perecentage of paying students that play sports is probably neat 80% if had to guess.

And no one is interested in your dumb YouTube videos or seeing you laugh at your own posts. You must think it was the accomplishment of the decade for Alcoa to put up 75 on upperman, but in reality it's nothing to boast about. Our secondary was struggling all year. LA almost beat us with the deep ball and ND should've won but they dropped several touchdown passes. Upperman was simply an average team with a few good athletes who played with heart and were hungry for wins. Alcoa should be ashamed that they let the U score at all. I would be since upperman is traditionally one of the worst teams in the state, going up against an established powerhouse.

Tell us how you really feel Johnny Ray! Lol! lowerman was terrible. CPA was average...

Edited by throwdaslant

that would be the same as CPA letting anyone in Nashville attened untill they were at school capacity...which would be simply a public school. All students ay to attend CPA, multiplier in effect for all the students. 40-50 pay to attend Alcoa, put the multiplier in effect for those students. Very simple solution. I bet the perecentage of paying students that play sports is probably neat 80% if had to guess.

I'm guessing you can't provide the names of the 40-50 who supposedly pay to play at Alcoa?