Cascade Looking for new Head Coach

Footballfan27

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boxman, you hit the nail on the head.  Only a goodhearted, selfless, patient, loving person like Coach Parker could have the type of success they have had.  He built relationships with coaches and players with an Andy Griffith approach.  On the exterior he comes across very simple with an "aw shucks" type of  personality.  However, walk in any math class he teaches and you will see his ability to reach all the students in the class.  He is extremely intelligent and he has a keen ability to never overcoach anything.  The man wins.  The man IS Cascade. He and a few others built the field house with their bare hands.  He loves people and at the end of the day every kid asks himself, "Does this coach care about me as a person?"  Many of us regrettably have had kids who left our fields with a "no" occasionally.  Not Kenny.  Whether he chewed you out or shouted your name from the rooftops, he never wanted any coach or player to leave that campus doubting he cared about them.

The next man will need the following qualifications modeled by Kenny Parker; He better roll up his sleeves, simply nod when a parent yells at him, put his arm around a kid daily, be a teacher first,  have no plans of going anywhere else and it better be all over your face that you are all Cascade even if it means building a house so close to the school you can hear the crowd at a little league game on Saturdays. He better be okay with the Old Ball Coach showing up at a practice or two.  He better be okay with Parkers because there are about as many Parkers as horses.  He better be okay selling popcorn at the horse show.  He better be secure enough knowing the old Offensive genius (Carkuff) down the hall has won twice as much as most ever do. He better understand that "para pro" coach at Cascade means you get some of the best coaches around for free.  He had better not prejudge the abilities of those great men.  He better meet after games with his staff at Huddle House.  Most importantly, he better put Christ first. 

I think that should be the job description.  Since Coach Carkuff isn't interested in coming out of retirement, Jake Tyre is the perfect Candidate. This year was Jake's first year away from Cascade since graduating high school there with the exception of the time he spent at war in Iraq! Jake loves Cascade, knows the kids, knows the coaches,  knows the school, and every walking horse by name.  He knows football and what he lacks he isn't too proud to drive 1000 feet to Kenny's house or walk 100 feet to Coach Carkuff's class to find out about. I advocate for him because I've coached with him and I knew Cascade as an opponent and as a coach on staff there. I would want my kids to be coached by Jake and all the coaches I knew at Cascade.  

It is a unique place and a great job for someone who wants to spend their career there.  It is not a stepping stone job and I promise you the great people of Wartrace and Bell Buckle Tennessee can smell the temporary on people.

Thought this was Johnny Frost or Jeremy Austin until I checked the profile. Good post.

Edited by FreeAgent11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How will the teams in Cascade region be this year?  Obviously CPA will be on top but how is Giles and Marshall going to be?

Giles will be tough and Marshall County brings in a new head Coach who was on the staff at Giles last season.   Lot of excitement around the program over there.  Page will be explosive on offense and usual.   Look for Turchetta in his second season at Spring Hill to have them playing better also.