2014 9AAA men's soccer

Johncrock

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is apparently not going anywhere so let me get it started.  I will offer an early evaluation of District 9 AAA in alphabetical order.

Beech High School - Beech has some very good players and good coaching just not enough depth.  I believe their record today is 2-3-2 with 2 district losses to Mt. Juliet (Last years district champ and Lebanon).  They could spoil for anybody but will have to improve a lot to win the district.

Gallatin High School - Gallatin always has a good base of physical players that have speed and can defend.  Their current record is 3-4-1 with 1 district victory over Portland.  They have a quality win over White House Heritage, and 3 of their losses are to powerhouse East TN teams (Bearden, Science Hill, Hardin Valley).  They have a few quick players who are tricky around the goal.  I expect they will be one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the district.

Hendersonville High School - HHS has one of the most solid teams from top to bottom in the district they are also very young.  Losing, I believe, 8 starting seniors from last year.  Though it is a rebuilding year they have a record of 5-3 with their losses coming to Father Ryan, Science Hill, and CAK.  Along with those losses they are 2-0 in district play beating Lebanon and Portland.  The top 3 spots in the district are up for grabs so we will just have to see how willing the upper classmen are to providing the right kind of leadership to their young team.

Lebanon High School - Lebanon has a talented group of kids but again not enough depth to go around.  Their record of 1-2-1 has a quality district victory over Beech but they were unable to put the ball in the goal against Wilson Central and their only score against Hendersonville was a PK.

Mt. Juliet High School - The Bears are looking to repeat as district champs.  Last year they beat Hendersonville 3 times in overtime and they would like to use that momentum to keep the program moving forward.  They are off to a good start with a 2-1 record beating district rival Beech and their only loss coming from a close match with a very good Oakland HS team.  They meet up with Cookeville on April 7th which should be their biggest match so far this year.

Portland High School - The Panthers should get an "A" for effort.  Portland is a little off the beaten path from most of the club soccer action so they do the best they can with a lot of raw talent and heart.  They are not a skilled soccer team they use the assets they have to pressure the other team in hopes of creating opportunities.  I would say they may have the opportunity to win a district game and that should be the first thing to check off their list.  They currently have a record of 1-2 with two district losses to Hendersonville and Gallatin and a victory over East Robertson.

Station Camp High School - The Bison's may be in the position to make some noise in district 9.  With a stellar defense and some talented mid-fielders and strikers they can go as far as their ability to score can take them.  Their record of 4-2 supports quality wins but no district play yet and their only losses have come from what looks to be a good Collierville team and powerhouse private school Christ Presbyterian.

Wilson Central High School - With a record of 2-0-1 the Wildcats have a district win over Lebanon and no losses.  Their first big test comes up Thursday, April 3rd against district rival Station Camp.  Wilson Central is usually in the mix with several strong club teams in the area to draw their talent from.  They always play with tenacity and they always bring a good following of fans with them.

Tell us about your district!

Station Camp has soccer players all over the field, not just athletes, but they are really young. They are well coached and play as a team but we all know that a couple lucky long balls in high school soccer can win a game, but I still think they are pretty good, not quite as good as Hendersonville but better than Beech and Gallatin.  I have not seen Wilson Central or Mt. Juliet yet.

I am not sure how accurate these standings are.  Hendersonville beat Mt. Juliet last night.  Coach T has the score at 2-0 and Eurosportscoreboard has 3-0.  Lebanon beat Gallatin 4-0.  A lot of big games coming up.

Hendersonville 3-0 8-4

Lebanon 3-2 3-2-1

Station Camp 2-0 6-2

Mt. Juliet 2-1 8-3

Wilson Central 2-1 3-1-1

Gallatin 1-1 4-6-2

Beech 0-3 3-6-2

Portland 0-5 2-9-1

Edited by trebs

Updated district standings with remaining games.

Hendersonville 4-0 (Beech, Station Camp & Gallatin)

Station Camp   3-0 (Mt. Juliet, Hendersonville, Beech & Lebanon)

Lebanon           3-2 (Mt. Juliet & Station Camp)

Mt. Juliet           2-1 (Station Camp, Gallatin, Lebanon & Wilson Central)

Wilson Central  2-2 (Portland, Gallatin & Mt. Juliet)

Gallatin             2-2 (Mt.Juliet, Wilson Central & Hendersonville)

Beech               1-4 (Hendersonville &Station Camp)

Portland            0-6 (Wilson Central)

Final two weeks are going to be interesting.  Spots two through five are up for grabs.

If you see a mistake, let me know.

Thursday's match between Hendersonville and Station Camp will likely determine the district regular season champ.

Hendersonville  5-0 (Station Camp & Gallatin)

Station Camp    4-0 (Hendersonville, Beech & Lebanon)

Wilson Central  3-2 (Gallatin & Mt. Juliet)

Lebanon           3-2 (Mt. Juliet & Station Camp)

Mt. Juliet           2-2 (Gallatin, Lebanon & Wilson Central)

Gallatin             2-2 (Mt.Juliet, Wilson Central & Hendersonville)

Beech               1-5 (Station Camp)

Portland            0-7 

Hendersonville and Station Camp play tonight (sorry about my mistake on previous post).

Hendersonville  5-0 (Station Camp & Gallatin)

Station Camp    4-0 (Hendersonville, Beech & Lebanon)

Wilson Central   3-2 (Gallatin & Mt. Juliet)

Lebanon            3-2 (Mt. Juliet & Station Camp)

Mt. Juliet            3-2 (Lebanon & Wilson Central)

Gallatin              2-3 (Wilson Central & Hendersonville)

Beech                1-5 (Station Camp)

Portland             0-7

If the weather cooperates, the regular season will be done this week.  Station Camp is the likely winner of the regular season.  There is still a lot to be decided.

Station Camp    5-0 (Beech & Lebanon)

Hendersonville  5-1 (Gallatin)

Wilson Central   3-2 (Gallatin & Mt. Juliet)

Lebanon            3-2 (Mt. Juliet & Station Camp)

Mt. Juliet            3-2 (Lebanon & Wilson Central)

Gallatin              2-3 (Wilson Central & Hendersonville)

Beech                1-5 (Station Camp)

Portland             0-7

Congrats to Lebanon on their first district tournament win in 9AAA defeating Wilson Central 2-1.  Semi-finals are tonight.

Hendersonville vs. Mt. Juliet  6:00

Station Camp vs. Lebanon     8:00

Both games are at Gallatin High School.