2014 9AAA men's soccer

Johncrock

Mt. Juliet plays Station Camp Thursday in the 9AAA tournament championship game at 7:00 at Gallatin High School.

Both games went to overtime.  Mt. Juliet scored in the second over time period and won 4-3.  Station Camp advanced on kicks from the mark (4-2).  The game was tied  1-1 at the end of the overtime periods.  I think Lebanon scored both goals.

Good luck to both teams.

When was the last time (if ever) that Hendersonville did not play in the district tournament championship game?

Edited by trebs

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 years ago was the last time Hendersonville did not advance. They caught a very tough break in their game against Mt. Juliet when they were awarded a goal off a corner kick. Center ref wrote the score in his book and sent everybody to center for the post goal re-start. After the Mt. Juliet coach complained the ref had inadvertently blown the whistle, the ref overturned himself and pulled the score off the board. Hendersonville was winning 4-3 in regulation at that point but was brought back to 3-3. I have seen this happen before but I have never seen the point come off the board. All that being said Mt. Juliet played an excellent game and looked nothing like the team Hendersonville had played earlier in the year.

Definitely a tough call for Hendersonville.  I thought I heard a whitstle come from the track (A middle school track meet was going on at the same time).  Hendersonville played the ball in and the Mt. Juliet players pretty much stood there and watched.

Station Camp lost last night and Mt. Juliet won.  I think Mt. Juliet travels to Rossview on Thursday.

The district was pretty balanced and there were a lot of competitive games.  No teams were state tournament caliber.  It is a tough road for 9AAA to get to the state tournament. The combination of 9AAA, 10AAA, 11AAA and 12AAA makes it very tough to get there. Three of the last four AAA state champions (and possibly four out of the last five) have come from this group.

Edited by trebs