Division II Soccer Talk

RonMexico3

I am a MBA loyalist and the team, led by Junior Will Emerson, is shaping up. In last night's scrimmage MBA tied Franklin HS 1-1. MBA controlled possession against FHS (they lost tons of seniors) but gave up a late goal when Coach Cheevers cleared the bench.

I thing Baylor in the East and Christian Brothers in the West are the teams to beat. I am looking forward to reading your comments on FRHS. On paper they should be rebuilding but they ave had our number the last few seasons.

Come introduce yourself to me Friday.  I always like meeting CoachTers face to face!  I'll be in the visor.

Looking forward to playing MBA.  Should be a great match.  Just hoping the weather behaves itself.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MBA and BGA tied is a great match-up last night @ MBA. It was a very physical game from the whistle with MBA having the lion share of possession and shots until the 7 minute mark in the second half. Then MBA seemed to wear a bit and the mo' began to shift to BGA. Awesome game environment on a Friday night with packed stands and soccer weather.

Edited by nashvillebound

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard that the BGA leading scorer is sitting out a red card received against Webb (BB). Evidently he punched a Webb player? How long is the suspension?

If it was a red (for fighting) it is at LEAST a 2 game suspension plus meeting with the administration and possible sanctions from the TSSAA (depending on how malicious the punch was).

At least that is my understanding of the red card rule for these offenses.  Don't know how serious the foul was, however.  BGA can appeal, though.

• Upvote 1

If it was a red (for fighting) it is at LEAST a 2 game suspension plus meeting with the administration and possible sanctions from the TSSAA (depending on how malicious the punch was).

At least that is my understanding of the red card rule for these offenses.  Don't know how serious the foul was, however.  BGA can appeal, though.

Found out the details over the weekened.  BGA's top scorer did get a red card for punching a Webb Feet player.  The reason, the Webb player spit on the BGA player's face and arm.  This is the second year in a row a player from Webb spit on a BGA player.  Last year a Webb player received a red card for spitting, this year the player did not get caught so the BGA player took matters into his own hands and dropped the spitter with one punch.

Do I agree with what the BGA player did?  Yes.  Would I do the same thing if I was in that players position?  Yes.  Do I agree that a red card and penalty was deserved?  Yes.

Spitting seems to a be a Webb Feet thing.  Not sure what they teach down in Bellbuckle.

• Upvote 1