CAK turf

Soooooooo......when do CAK and Catholic get their JumboTrons? I mean it's so yesterday to not have one of those.

I don't have a clue when or if CAK or Catholic get a jumbotron. If you guy's want to step it up a notch you can schedule that poor little school called Byrnes South Carolina as they have a Jumbotron. They have tried to schedule your county rival but can't get a return phone call.

I don't have a clue when or if CAK or Catholic get a jumbotron. If you guy's want to step it up a notch you can schedule that poor little school called Byrnes South Carolina as they have a Jumbotron. They have tried to schedule your county rival but can't get a return phone call.

We already have stepped it up a notch. We're playing 2 games in 3 days to start our season. Smith County at home on Thursday, then at Morristown East (10-2 in 6A last year) on Saturday. No one else would play us.

We already have stepped it up a notch. We're playing 2 games in 3 days to start our season. Smith County at home on Thursday, then at Morristown East (10-2 in 6A last year) on Saturday. No one else would play us.

Smith County & Morristown East could combine rosters and would have trouble not getting beat by 20+ if they played Byrnes. Ask MBA what happened when they played Byrnes at Vanderbilt a few years ago. Edited by cbg

Smith County & Morristown East could combine rosters and would have trouble not getting beat by 20+ if they played Byrnes. Ask MBA what happened when they played Byrnes at Vanderbilt a few years ago.

I would hope Byrnes would beat them with 2289 students enrolled. Alcoa has only 500 students, one of the smallest in 3A, yet still the most dominant.

Dang right we know how to win big, to the tune of 13 state championships.

Hey Roundball:

Will your field turf have the Tasmanian Cyclone logo or the Atlanta Braves "A"?  I think we will have the "CAK Shield" logo, but I would have preferred the Warrior with the Helmet.  Since I'm not buying the turf I didn't have any say so....ha.

Hey Roundball:

Will your field turf have the Tasmanian Cyclone logo or the Atlanta Braves "A"? I think we will have the "CAK Shield" logo, but I would have preferred the Warrior with the Helmet. Since I'm not buying the turf I didn't have any say so....ha.

Probably the Tornado logo. That's what AHS and the turf company advertised, with maroon end zones with "ALCOA" spelled out in white or gray.

And I'm surprised CAK doesn't use the warrior and helmet logo more often. It does kinda look better than the shield, IMO.

Probably the Tornado logo. That's what AHS and the turf company advertised, with maroon end zones with "ALCOA" spelled out in white or gray.

And I'm surprised CAK doesn't use the warrior and helmet logo more often. It does kinda look better than the shield, IMO.

Sounds like a good design.  Our Warrior with the helmet is still relatively new (past 4-5 years) and the shield is incorporated in the logo with the school charter since 1977, so maybe that was the reasoning...not sure, but I'm sure our field will look good as well.  Question:  how are your Seniors going to know where to stand on Senior Night now that they won't have their jersey number painted on the field?  :huh: