A/AA State Tournament

DIIA

so does anybody know much about north side?

Ive seen both teams play at South Gibson. (keep in mind that these were at the beginning of the season and the NS game was a scrimmage).

Northside- NS is a team that spreads the field and has a good passing game. They have multiple players who can score. NS has been one of the most dominant and consistent west TN teams but have spent the last few years in AAA. I think they will replace Kingsbury as a A-AA West consistent.

Madison- Madison will play mostly to Wamba (#7) and let him do his thing but if that doesnt work they have others who can score for them. Madison is a good team with a very talented senior striker and sophomore keeper, Be ready for their sets they have scored off free kicks from up to 45 yards out w/o touching another player  

Signal sure didn't get any favors in 1st round seeding, but heck, someone has to beat CAK sometime.  Might as well be us!  Though our senior students have already graduated, it's grueling week of exams for the senior kids in the IB program.  There are no re-schedules and have to be done in time to send to Switzerland for grading.  A pitch is a pitch and you play the game between the lines.  We're looking forward to Tuesday night.

Edited by tarp

Any team that comes out of Tennessee as undefeated either doesnt play anyone worth anything or they are national championship contenders. We'll see where Signal Mountain ranks after this first game. I have my guesses though, same for Hume Fogg.

Well Signal played DII power Baylor, Collins out of Alabama and Southeast Whitfield AAAA Ga team plus Cleveland and Ooltewah AAA TN teams.  We didn't dodge anyone.

Well Signal played DII power Baylor, Collins out of Alabama and Southeast Whitfield AAAA Ga team plus Cleveland and Ooltewah AAA TN teams.  We didn't dodge anyone.

That's a strong schedule.  I'm cheering for you Signal Mtn.  If you want to see a brutal schedule, look at BGA's ( http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=16&sportid=10&seasonid=272 ). 

Their lone loss is a 2-0 dog fight against Franklin (There was a minimum of 10 college players on the field when you combine Franklin's and BGA's seniors and juniors) with wins over Riverdale, Columbia, Page, MBA, JPII, Knoxville Webb, and Brentwood Academy

That's a strong schedule.  I'm cheering for you Signal Mtn.  If you want to see a brutal schedule, look at BGA's ( http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=16&sportid=10&seasonid=272 ). 

Their lone loss is a 2-0 dog fight against Franklin (There was a minimum of 10 college players on the field when you combine Franklin's and BGA's seniors and juniors) with wins over Riverdale, Columbia, Page, MBA, JPII, Knoxville Webb, and Brentwood Academy

Good thing BGA is in the private division, where they belong.

I think we got 3 or 4 that have signed to play college ball, too.  ;)

Edited by MountainTroll

No disrespect intended, I have seen a lot of A-AA soccer tournaments over the last 11 years, and there very clearly seems to be a hierarchy of teams. Upstarts generally take a tournament or two to really break through, but from what you said, it sounds like Signal Mountain is up for the challenge. Good luck to all the teams in this year's tournament. This is my favorite time of year, and can't wait to see who wins it all