A/AA State Tournament

DIIA

CPA vs CAK should be a great game. CAK has great players including Johnny Creel. CPA is 15-16 deep and has the best goalie in the state. Plays for the #1 travel soccer team in the state, played against international teams and has won 5 state championships in travel soccer. CPA also has great speed up top and a solid defense. If CPA loses i believe it will be on a set piece or PK.

An A/AA soccer team that goes 15-16 deep? This is something I'd like to see! :popcorneater: So are you guaranteeing victory for your Lions, Jett?

An A/AA soccer team that goes 15-16 deep? This is something I'd like to see! :popcorneater: So are you guaranteeing victory for your Lions, Jett?

nice try - -i dont see anywhere in my post saying cpa would win - simply said they are deep and certainly know cak is also i think it says it will be a great game thanks

Depends on the  time of year if they go 15 deep.  Didn't go that deep til districts started.  Think 4 or 5 players were sick most of the season. Pulling for cpa since they are from our district.

CPA vs CAK should be a great game. CAK has great players including Johnny Creel. CPA is 15-16 deep and has the best goalie in the state. Plays for the #1 travel soccer team in the state, played against international teams and has won 5 state championships in travel soccer. CPA also has great speed up top and a solid defense. If CPA loses i believe it will be on a set piece or PK.

Ask Hume Fogg what they thought about the Heritage keeper.  For only having been playing 1.5 years he has done excellent.  No GK in the State would have stopped the first two goals from CPA. 

I’m sorry I can’t let that go….If it “refreshing†(i.e., rare) for the Signal Mountain players to experience sportsmanlike behavior after the game, it is probably because it is such common practice for your student fans to harass and mock the opposing players during the game.  After putting up with that crap for a while, most teams are probably not in the mood to show your team a whole lot of sportsmanship.  Unfortunately, soccer is not the only sport where your “spirited†or "enthusiastic" student fans suck sportsmanship out of the game.

As our head  (and she was present) administrator said, "They've already graduated and are practicing for Duke vs Wake or UNC games."  I agree that soccer used to be a genteel game, but the proliferation of European and South/Central American soccer on TV will make it a game where fans call out numbers or names and players will flop at any point!  

Bottom line, I was giving credit to CAK because my son thought they played well and were good sports.

Edited by tarp

As our head  (and she was present) administrator said, "They've already graduated and are practicing for Duke vs Wake or UNC games."  I agree that soccer used to be a genteel game, but the proliferation of European and South/Central American soccer on TV will make it a game where fans call out numbers or names and players will flop at any point!  

Bottom line, I was giving credit to CAK because my son thought they played well and were good sports.

Your son made a good observation.  CAK played very well and hard and were a class act throughout the match as well as after.  Same can be said for their support.  Officiating at the match was also excellent.

As for players going on to play at the collegiate level, I don't know about CAK.  As for CPA, we graduated 13 seniors.  None of them will play college soccer and only two of them played any level of travel soccer in high school.  We have 6 underclassmen who play on club teams outside of school at various levels.

2 private schools in the Championship? Wow!!! What a shocker!!!

So for the first time in FOREVER there were 6 public schools and only 2 private schools in the tournament.  Yet still all you do is complain.  You didn't hear private schools saying "Man, 6 spots taken by publics and only 2 for privates!  MAKE A SPLIT!  This is unfair!"

I, for one, wish there was a split so we wouldn't have to listen to the endless whining.