AAA State Tournament (No Love for the Big Boys)

PJM

There are still some volunteer spots open for the Soccer Games beginning tomorrow. If you volunteer you gain free admission to the state tournament. There are a few adult positions still available and ball boys/girls still needed. You get to pick where you want to work from what is still available.

If you have interest, please email me and I'll direct you to the volunteer link:

[email protected]

Franklin will have its hands full with the east ! They gap haven't plated one of then yet anf Science hill is Great and Farragut is always in there one way or another. Noi way Franklin Runs this Table and unless they score more than 3 goals on a Team like Science Hill they don't make the finals, much less the Shutouts! Be real , the East usually owns the state and bring in two fabulous teams of

Science Hill and Farragut. Two teams that either One can win it all!

Franklin has a minimum of 12 players who will be playing college next year or in two years.  They have the two time Gatorade player of the year at CB who wins ALL 50/50 balls, a midfield that can dominate position, speed for days out wide on both sides, depth for a lot of games in a short period, and finishers that any coach would want to have.  On top of that, they are playing their best soccer of the year and that's not good fro the rest of the teams.

I remember another team like that. Undefeated, 27 - 0, beat the best teams at the Palmetto cup, 18 seniors. This team moved the ball better than any High school team I ever saw. Do you know what happened to the 2010 Farragut Admirals? Arrogance beat them! So be careful

I remember another team like that. Undefeated, 27 - 0, beat the best teams at the Palmetto cup, 18 seniors. This team moved the ball better than any High school team I ever saw. Do you know what happened to the 2010 Farragut Admirals? Arrogance beat them! So be careful

That 6-7 keeper who went to Indiana? had something to do with it too!

Ryan Bristol played out of his mind that night but Centennial was a very complete team and they did score against Farragut. Needless to say there is no such thing as a guaranty in soccer...period. I do think Franklin is the best team I have seen in years (not sure if as good as last year) but they like any other team are beatable. There is as much pressure between their ears to repeat as between the ears of their opponent to play their best game.

Franklin will have its hands full with the east ! They gap haven't played one of them yet and Science hill is Great and Farragut is always in there one way or another. No way Franklin Runs this Table and unless they score more than 3 goals on a Team like Science Hill they don't make the finals, much less the Shutouts! Be real , the East usually owns the state and bring in two fabulous teams of

For the record - though there are great teams in the East there are also great teams in the Mid-State. Don't get hung up on Farragut and Bearden dominance in the early 2000's. I still look for the day when someone new breaks through like Franklin. Known for great girls soccer the boys have finally stepped up to show they can play too...and typically in dominating fashion.

Past Soccer Champions (I hope this is accurate since pulled from TSSAA)

2013 - Franklin (Central)

2012 - Brentwood (Central)

2011 - Hardin Valley (East)

2010 - Hendersonville (Central)

2009 - Farragut (East)

2008 - Brentwood (Central)

2007 - Farragut (East)

2006 - Bearden (East)

2005 - Brentwood (Central)

2004 - Farragut (East)

2003 - Farragut (East)

2002 - Bearden (East)

2001 - Bearden (East)

2000 - Houston (West)

1999 - Houston (West)

1998 - Hendersonville (Central)

Franklin will have its hands full with the east ! They gap haven't plated one of then yet anf Science hill is Great and Farragut is always in there one way or another. Noi way Franklin Runs this Table and unless they score more than 3 goals on a Team like Science Hill they don't make the finals, much less the Shutouts! Be real , the East usually owns the state and bring in two fabulous teams of

Well candybutt, 2 games, 2 shut outs and no teams left from the east.  I'm telling now, this Franklin team is BETTER than last years.  Collierville will have less then 5 shots all game and Franklin will win 4-0.