Grundy County

Franklin County may be a lot better than expected. They will have more talent than in the past few yrs...they will be very young and more speed than in the past...new off coord which will help. Grundy has some talent and I hope they do well. They used to be known as hard nose and tough.

Go rocks!

• 3 weeks later...

not as long as them Bryant boys are still coaching.  same ol routine.....part time coaches with full time pay.  glad to see coach tate back at grundy to coach them little jackets.  I know it wasn't them Bryant boys idea to let him coach the middle school.  they have never showed interest in the middle school program.  does anyone know why they are not using the high school weight room?  it seems like that would be the perfect place.  I think that knocks a lot of kids out of playing on the north end to have to drive all the way to tracy.

Maybe he wanted to put distance between himself and the high school program. How many kids are playing from North End? How many from Tracy?

• 3 weeks later...

Franklin County may be a lot better than expected. They will have more talent than in the past few yrs...they will be very young and more speed than in the past...new off coord which will help. Grundy has some talent and I hope they do well. They used to be known as hard nose and tough.

I believe that scrimmage was 6-1. On a bright note Grundy went 4-0 @ fc 7 on 7. BTW fc old Coord had a 4 year average of 26 ppg, the best average ppg in 25 years and 4 games in the top 10 ppg with the most @ 69. Yea that should help! Lol

To my understanding we had a coach that stepped down during the off season one who had been with the Bryant's from the start. Do you think he finally realized he wasn't coaching material and decided to move on or was it for other reasons? If him realizing and finally opening his eyes was the problem I wished it would get contagious and more would follow suit. What's your thoughts?

Someone should have gone after that SP coach that went to Boyd.

Lonnie it's like this, the people of GRUNDY does not like change. They still like the good ole buddy system to be in place. Our athletic programs are in desperate need of facelifts. Yea they should have done lots of things. I saw on our local channel 6 (GCTV) that a board member promised there was gonna be a difference in our football program this year. He guaranteed it! Well, We still have the same head coach so therefore nothing at all is gonna be any different. Look at UT nothing was ever gonna change as long as Dooley was there. Now they are headed in the right direction. Let's face it, change is good. Mr. Board member only time will tell. But after this time and things doesn't change will this be the nail in the coffin for this staff and let's get someone here that will turn this program around?