Grundy County

Getting into the playoffs each year with Grundy talent is a feat in itself. You have no middle school in Grundy County so that is strike 1. You have limited athletes in Grundy County so there is strike 2. You are now in a region where you don't have to play Signal Mountain or Notre Dame anymore so that should help improve your overall record. South Pittsburg isn't close to the same team they have been throughout the years so that helps as well. Most year at Grundy County going to the playoffs or possibly winning a first round game should be considered a success.

I agree winning a playoff game would be a success. I just dont see getting into the playoffs at 4-6 or 5-5 a success. I fault the TSSAA for the relaxed qualifying requirements, not a coach. However, with the last 6 years qualifying requirements, making it to the playoffs is a false indicator of success.

With your new schedule they have a chance to win a couple more games. If Grundy can win 5-6 games each season in the regular season I believe that's pretty successful. I believe The Beaver is applying so no excuses, Grundy will be improved.

He resigned. Character was not the issue here. People here that has preaching this a couple years back is shocking me by the comments that's being made! Not sure why the change of heart all of a sudden. But never the less I'm glad to hear of it. No football players has signed a scholarship to move on, and his record speaks for itself.

I'm totally lost......if he resigned, why some talking bad about our school board, principal, and director? 

I agree winning a playoff game would be a success. I just dont see getting into the playoffs at 4-6 or 5-5 a success. I fault the TSSAA for the relaxed qualifying requirements, not a coach. However, with the last 6 years qualifying requirements, making it to the playoffs is a false indicator of success.

I hope we win 4 or 5 games this year.  after the win Friday we might be able to do a turn around

In the past 6 seasons here in GRUNDY we haven't won a game against a team with a winning record! With the TSSAA playoff system in place in my opinion is a joke! No team going 4-6 an has not got a quality win shouldn't even be considered for playoff contention. The first round of the playoffs is all about putting money in the TSSAA organization. All first round games are blowouts anyway. So when you try to give credit to a coach for that it is way over rated. I find it humorous that someone not from GRUNDY acts like they know more about our situation than the people from here. With that being said the beav is done with this situation. It's time to focus on the future and hope for brighter days ahead! Everyone have a Merry Christmas!

In the past 6 seasons here in GRUNDY we haven't won a game against a team with a winning record! With the TSSAA playoff system in place in my opinion is a joke! No team going 4-6 an has not got a quality win shouldn't even be considered for playoff contention. The first round of the playoffs is all about putting money in the TSSAA organization. All first round games are blowouts anyway. So when you try to give credit to a coach for that it is way over rated. I find it humorous that someone not from GRUNDY acts like they know more about our situation than the people from here. With that being said the beav is done with this situation. It's time to focus on the future and hope for brighter days ahead! Everyone have a Merry Christmas!

I'm sure you are finished with the situation. It's been your agenda and the about the only thing you have talked about on here since you joined. I hope you are applying and will lead Grundy to these deep playoff runs you talk about. I know more about the entire deal than you think. Edited by TheAmbassador