Grundy County

In the past 6 seasons here in GRUNDY we haven't won a game against a team with a winning record! With the TSSAA playoff system in place in my opinion is a joke! No team going 4-6 an has not got a quality win shouldn't even be considered for playoff contention. The first round of the playoffs is all about putting money in the TSSAA organization. All first round games are blowouts anyway. So when you try to give credit to a coach for that it is way over rated. I find it humorous that someone not from GRUNDY acts like they know more about our situation than the people from here. With that being said the beav is done with this situation. It's time to focus on the future and hope for brighter days ahead! Everyone have a Merry Christmas!

thanks for being done

Well Beav, you finally yapped about it enough that something has happened. I can't wait to just sit back and see all the Top Quality coaching prospects that apply. Please do us a favor and post names so we can see the level of interest this job generates. You'll be like we are right now getting the same old retreads that normally apply for valley jobs. Good luck to Grundy.

They have made a mistake. Grundy isn't exactly a hotbed for talent and coaching careers to take off.

It is sad to see how unrealistic expectations from some as well as unfair pressures from those that know the least can affect small town high school football teams. We played Grundy in the first round of the playoffs this year. Our schools are very similar in a lot of ways. Disappointing that Coach Bryant leaves the Yellow Jackets. There is a lot to be said for having a home town guy in charge and letting him manage the program. Not every 3A team in the state is like Alcoa. Most have ups and downs with numbers and talent level. Going to be a lot of 4-6, 5-5, and 6-4 seasons that are surrounded by some worse and some better seasons. 

I think it is better to leave the coaches in place so long as they are doing the things the right way. Very unfair to base the total performance just on wins and losses.

It is sad to see how unrealistic expectations from some as well as unfair pressures from those that know the least can affect small town high school football teams. We played Grundy in the first round of the playoffs this year. Our schools are very similar in a lot of ways. Disappointing that Coach Bryant leaves the Yellow Jackets. There is a lot to be said for having a home town guy in charge and letting him manage the program. Not every 3A team in the state is like Alcoa. Most have ups and downs with numbers and talent level. Going to be a lot of 4-6, 5-5, and 6-4 seasons that are surrounded by some worse and some better seasons. 

I think it is better to leave the coaches in place so long as they are doing the things the right way. Very unfair to base the total performance just on wins and losses.

It won't be long till Grundy will be longing for a 5-5 season and a coach that treats the kids as well as the Bryants do.

+1000. The average Joe thinks they know more than they do.