Potential New 6 Classification Plan for 1A & 2A for 2015

riverrat

My guess is they will stay right where they put um. I've never known them to play up before. They can play up in their non region games to make money and win state championships on a regular basis. If it were me and I was in their shoes, I'd stay put. Why fight Mike Tyson when you can fight a lesser opponent and still be the champ.

Most of the time I agree with you but Alcoa winning the 2A championship with the teams that's in it would be like the Patriots winning the arena league. If I was them I would play up to 4A and win that gold ball. I may be wrong but I think they already have a ball in 1 through 3A

Most of the time I agree with you but Alcoa winning the 2A championship with the teams that's in it would be like the Patriots winning the arena league. If I was them I would play up to 4A and win that gold ball. I may be wrong but I think they already have a ball in 1 through 3A

confucius say...Adamsville, Austin East, Boyd, Grace, Goodpasture, Marion County, Polk, Tyner, Lewis County, JCS, Milan, Trinity, and Mitchell...are all quality opponents....with several of these being former state champions.

Chattanooga first day numbers. Not final but a good local starting point on class guesses.

Brainerd 460

Central 839

CSAS 426

East Hamilton 1025

East Ridge 712

Hixson 788

Howard 430

Lookout Valley 205

Ooltewah 1448

Red Bank 671

Sale Creek 310

Signal Mt 711

Soddy Daisy.1246

Tyner 632

confucius say...Adamsville, Austin East, Boyd, Grace, Goodpasture, Marion County, Polk, Tyner, Lewis County, JCS, Milan, Trinity, and Mitchell...are all quality opponents....with several of these being former state champions.

I agree quality 2A opponents. Good teams with great programs on the list, and there are more out there you didn't name......however none of these teams get within 35 points of Alcoa.

All quality football teams, not quality opponents for Alcoa...not the problem that I have with this latest version of "As the TSSAA turns" though. If you fall into 2A, you play in 2A...unless you happen to be a private school, then you decide whether you'd like to restrict enrollment and drop to 1A, accept more and go to 3AAA, or go DII, whichever is more favorable to their administration . Like pujo said ( I'm saying that a lot lately) , this is a diversion from the split petition and nothing else. People have been griping about the Z plan for years with no result, reclassification cycle comes up in two years so common sense says deal with it then, not now. Coach Sharpe initiates a petition to split publics and privates with the requisite number of signatures to mandate that TSSAA addresses the issue, and what happens??? Big news about everyone in the state being affected by the new format, and NOTHING about the ( forgotten in the excitement ) issue that they were bound to address by the petition in the first place. Procedure should have been to decide for or against the split, then address the restructuring/reclassification issue when it was scheduled.

Edited by tradertwo

All quality football teams, not quality opponents for Alcoa...not the problem that I have with this latest version of "As the TSSAA turns" though. If you fall into 2A, you play in 2A...unless you happen to be a private school, then you decide whether you'd like to restrict enrollment and drop to 1A, accept more and go to 3AAA, or go DII, whichever is more favorable to their administration . Like pujo said ( I'm saying that a lot lately) , this is a diversion from the split petition and nothing else. People have been griping about the Z plan for years with no result, reclassification cycle comes up in two years so common sense says deal with it then, not now. Coach Sharpe initiates a petition to split publics and privates with the requisite number of signatures to mandate that TSSAA addresses the issue, and what happens??? Big news about everyone in the state being affected by the new format, and NOTHING about the ( forgotten in the excitement ) issue that they were bound to address by the petition in the first place. Procedure should have been to decide for or against the split, then address the restructuring/reclassification issue when it was scheduled.

The PTM or psrt time multiplier and the right to jump back and forth from d1 to d2 are 2 of the craziest rules we have. No way to know who is in you're region until the private schools let the TSSAA know where they want to play for the next 2 years.

I think the limited multiplier is done since basketball and football districts will no longer match. If there is no split at least that is a step forward.

I do think the private schools are going to have to weigh they're options.A mass exodus wouldn't surprise me in the least.