So what would D2 football look like if the split happens...?

y2kgt46

^^^Still bitter.

Even after a pair of championships.

.....not to mention your Mildcats are one of those schools as well.

^^^Still bitter.

Jealous of Alcoa's Blue Cross Bowl trophies. It's good to be King(If you're Alcoa or Maryville)!

An assistant football coach from Farragut informed me that if there is a split and the privates form their own association that the public schools in Knoxville were told to not play privates because they're afraid of privates recruiting all the middle school talent. Which to me is hogwash! If a kid wants to play at Farragut, Bearden, Fulton or West then they will go their.

Does the Farragut assistant coach not understand that the good players will be recruited regardless of the split?  It's just like the Farragut baseball program, do people not understand that some of those players were recruited to Farragut.  The coaches may not recruit but parents, alumni, players, students, etc...all recruit for the program.  Being a successful program is a recruiting tool.

^^^Still bitter.

Ha, Just asking a fair question fellas. Don't get sensitive.  And yes, OR falls into that category as well. So, let's hear it. I threw out several ideas...

"Should they be separate? Or maybe a multiplier? Or maybe all be in the largest classification? Or just let them enjoy the benefits of having an enormous area to draw from without any constraints of a multiplier?"

If one of those ideas doesn't fit, tell us what does?

I seem to remember telling you guys that even if CAK won championship(s) my opinion wasn't going to change because my opinion is based on logic and an obvious loop hole that should be considered by the TSSAA, not whether CAK won a game.

I suppose as long as there are CAKe and Corndogs, there will be open zones. Just comes with the territory. It's not an emotional subject for me though...

Good luck this year. Looking forward to seeing you guys on the new turf. There's nothing quite like HS football.

Yes, a 1.8 multiplier is not enough. Maybe 6.8?  And what about those pesky "private" schools who are public, but draw players from a wide area, out of zone? Should they be separate? Or maybe a multiplier? Or maybe all be in the largest classification? Or just let them enjoy the benefits of having an enormous area to draw from without any constraints of a multiplier?

The 1.8 is no longer true since you can't move up 2 classes anymore. It moved Lipscomb & Goodpasture back down to 3a & 2a respectively. There are many others also.

If the privates do leave don't expect any tssaa school to play them. That would be the biggest deterrent.

The privates will have no problem with scheduling after the split.  Plus, the public schools are the ones kicking the privates out.  Why would you play people that don't want you around?

• Upvote 1